ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Playlist remove from site function not working

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/03/11 08:33 AM Views: 1224 Replies: 2
Friday, June 3, 2011 at 8:33 AM

My name is Greg Smith. My site is kendrick1971.com. When I am editing a playlist, I have found the "remove from site" selection does not remove the file. I must do it manually. I first began to notice this about six months ago.

Sunday, June 5, 2011 at 7:39 PM - Response #1

Greg,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think that the PLAYLIST code ever removed the file from the File Vault. In order for the PLAYLIST code to remove it from the website, it would have to know that you aren't using that music file elsewhere on the system. It would have to have absolute control over the file. Since the WIDGET-PLAYLIST doesn't have absolute control (you can still go to Edit Site Pages, Edit Content, then INSERT/EDIT LINK and see the MP3 files that have been uploaded), the PLAYLIST code also doesn't delete the files.

In order for the WIDGET-PLAYLIST to be able to delete the files when the playlist is deleted, the files would need to be uploaded to your area, but you wouldn't be allowed access to them. This is similar to what the PHOTO GALLERY does. The files are uploaded, but you aren't shown the files in the File Vault.

I have a question in to Programming to be sure, but I think that this feature is working as it needs to be working.

Sunday, June 5, 2011 at 9:42 PM - Response #2

Kyle,
Thanks for the reply. I do have a suggestion. Perhaps the button should not read "Delete from Site", since it does not do this. It may confuse others, as it did me, into thinking a song file is being deleted from the vault.

Thanks again,
Greg

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.