ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Strange Gallery

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/01/10 10:42 PM Views: 1763 Replies: 12
Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 10:42 PM

I have attempted to place photos in the "Spring Dance Gallery" left link. the photos that are currently in was copied from Jamie Lee Smith's photos. I then attempted to the same with photos from Rhonda Jenkins.

Once I load them and click the link. The photos from Rhonda displays smaller than Jamis's.

Is there a way to have them display at the same size?

Note: Rhonda's photos are just as big as Jamie's in their profile sections.
Confused

Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 11:57 PM - Response #1

What is the EXACT procedure you are using to get photos from the Profile into the Gallery? Please be specific and tell me every single step you are taking in numerical order. I do see the problem, but it's impossible for the system itself to have done that. You're doing something in the process that's causing this. I have no idea what it is and will be curious to find out though.

Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 1:10 PM - Response #2

I am going to rhonda's photos and saving (save picture as) them to my computer. Then I upload them to the gallery.
I don't know what i'm doing wrong.

Edited 05/02/10 1:11 PM
Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 1:11 PM - Response #3

After you save the photos to your computer, if you double click the photo on your own computer to view it, does it look full size? Or does it look small?

Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 1:12 PM - Response #4

let's see

Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 1:17 PM - Response #5

it looks small!!!!!!! and Jamie's looks normal....

Edited 05/02/10 1:19 PM
Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 1:24 PM - Response #6

So you're saving a full sized image to your computer, and upon saving, it saves it small. That's totally spooky. Do you have anything on your computer that would be doing that? Some weird toolbar or image compression program or something like that? What browser are you using to save? Can you duplicate this same result if you save the image from a different browser? I've never heard of this before (and that's saying something). It almost sounds like a virus or something that would cause something like this. Freaky.

Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 1:34 PM - Response #7

Check out our spring dance gallery. The first seven were saved and uploaded from jamie lee(smith)'s photos. The rest were done the exact same way but from rhonda jenkin's photos. Browser used is windows explorer 7 or 8.

Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 1:36 PM - Response #8

I hate to be the one who stumped you, so to speak. I just want to do my thing and keep on trucking.

Edited 05/02/10 1:37 PM
Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 2:32 PM - Response #9

I'm positive it's a local computer issue. I just don't know what. What happens if you do the same thing using the Firefox browser?

Monday, May 3, 2010 at 11:47 AM - Response #10

This has happened to me before as well. Small pictures when I save as jpeg to my computer hard drive. Ask the person to email you the jpgs and then save to your computer. That is how I have gotten around the problem in the past.

Best,

Paige
www.tlhs1980.com

Monday, May 3, 2010 at 11:52 AM - Response #11

I have had the same problem before. I save pictures as jpgs to my hard drive and they appear smaller for no apparent reason. I've gotten around the problem by having the person email me their jpgs....then I upload from email and post to site. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Hmmm.

Best,

Paige
www.tlhs1980.com

Sunday, July 18, 2010 at 11:48 AM - Response #12

Thanks, I'll try it.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.