ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Out of Space in the File Vault

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/07/09 03:10 PM Views: 1614 Replies: 3
Tuesday, July 7, 2009 at 3:10 PM

We have been adding files to the file vault and have run out of disk space. (We have been adding pdf versions of our old high school newspaper.) Is there a way to get more disk space added to the file vault?

Tuesday, July 7, 2009 at 5:30 PM - Response #1

Very good question. We've never had any premium member hit the limit before. I went into your File Vault to see what's taking up all that space. Your old newsletters look great, nice job. With all of those full page image scans in each file though it's just eating disk space alive.

We currently have no mechanism for obtaining more file space. We'll have to create one. We'll need to charge something nominal for it, maybe $2 a month or something like that to double the space available. I'm going to see if for now the programmer can put in an exception just for your site so you've got more room to work with until we create a solution for this.

Another solution would be to host at any other file host, such as Photobucket.com and just pull in your files from there. There will be a nominal fee for services like that too. You may also wish to look into free file hosts like mediafire.com. Most of the free file hosts I've seen have some type of monetization built in, even if it's just displaying ads to you while you're using their system. But in terms of storing files and linking to them from your web site, they work great.

Edited 07/07/09 5:33 PM
Tuesday, July 7, 2009 at 6:09 PM - Response #2

Try this.... - http://laurenstephens.net/ - I use it and it works perfectly. For a one time donation of 5 or 10 bucks a couple times a year you can host all kinds of pdf files without a limit.

Edited 07/07/09 6:10 PM
Wednesday, July 8, 2009 at 8:53 AM - Response #3

Sometimes your Internet Service Provider also gives hosted storage space and free e-mail accounts when you set up your account. Maybe you have some storage space at their website that you aren't using and can store some of the PDF files there.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.