ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Login without public profile page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/19/15 02:55 PM Views: 724 Replies: 3
Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 2:55 PM

I have created a temporary site for our church using the new Responsive Design. I would like to have the option of having a member website without having the member profile page visible to the public. I thought maybe I could do this by sending prospective joiners a system password that would get them to the members page. I could also verify who they are before giving them the system password. Let me know if this would work.

If it does then I need to know how to set the system password. I have looked and looked and cannot find it. On my high school site it is at the bottom of the Edit Site Pages but not on the Responsive Design Edit Site Pages. Since this is a test site I am using the free version with ads -- is the system password not available with this? Oops! I just saw that I am not really allowed to ask questions for a free site but if our church decides to use it, and I think they will, then we will most likely subscribe to the platinum option.

Thanks,
Jim

Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 5:25 PM - Response #1

The System PW was removed some time back - if one asked - even for 'standard' sites.

You could effectively do the same thing by creating a DummyUser and giving them the email/pw used for that email. Email can be fake for this 'Dummy' since it will never actually be used.

For example, registerme@donothing.com

Then they can join the 'regular' way once they have logged in by accessing the profile list.

Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 9:57 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Jack. I tried this but once I was logged in under registerme@donothing.com I could access the members list but couldn't log in under another name. I got a message that I had to log out first. My HS site still has a system password and I used that with the Classmate Profiles page restricted to members only and it seemed to work OK. is there anyway to get a System PW?

Sunday, December 20, 2015 at 8:44 AM - Response #3

At the bottom of the EDIT SITE PAGES, there is now a "System Password" box.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.