ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Posting Classmates Announcements

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/09/21 03:58 PM Views: 915 Replies: 18
Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 3:58 PM

I received a message, Announcement Pending Approval. When I clicked to open it for approval site took me to announcement page. Have no idea what to do next to get the classmates announcement posted on home page. HELP please

Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 5:13 PM - Response #1

Ok I figured out the announcement.....found it on site pages....successful in putting it on home page. Now, it contains a URL that I need to activate so classmates can click on it and go directly to the site.

Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 8:33 PM - Response #2

OK part 2....have the announcement on home page but it is all the way down the page...how do I get “Announcements “ back to the top of the page....think over the years I have forgotten more then I learned!

Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 8:39 PM - Response #3

Click on Edit Site Pages, then for the Home Page, click on Edit Page.

In the Content Area box, you'll see Announcements, with a green and red arrow. Click on the green arrow to move the Announcements up to the top of the page.

Edited 02/09/21 8:41 PM
Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 11:37 PM - Response #4

Gary Tucker wrote:

OK part 2....have the announcement on home page but it is all the way down the page...how do I get “Announcements “ back to the top of the page....think over the years I have forgotten more then I learned!

One of your announcements is too wide. I suspect it's the one with a URL link.

Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 6:50 AM - Response #5

Ok...thanks much..

Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 7:09 AM - Response #6

That didn’t work....only have the one announcement and I cut it down to about one half the size of the text box. Also decreased font size.

Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 7:11 AM - Response #7

I see it changed the order but still did not move text of announcement up to top of page.

Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 8:52 AM - Response #8

I'm just guessing, as we don't use the Announcement feature on our site, but John Ralph's suggestion (Response #4) seems correct.

As an experiment, temporarily delete the URL https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578798107/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=carli+spero&qid=1606170525&s=books&sr=1-1 from the announcement, and see if the announcement goes to the top of the page. If it does, then you know the problem is with the URL, and the URL is too long.

Now, using the link feature on the Editor (third icon from the right on second row), try creating a short link to the URL https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578798107/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=carli+spero&qid=1606170525&s=books&sr=1-1.

Look at Elena G.'s home page: http://www.bishopmcdevitt65.com. See how she has a short link "Check Out What's New" in her fourth announcement.

Edited 02/10/21 9:39 AM
Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 12:41 PM - Response #9

OK Scott will give that a whirl and see what happens haven’t had this problem before.

Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 12:43 PM - Response #10

That worked....announcement moved to the top where it belongs. I will work on link now..tks..

Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 3:35 PM - Response #11

I just looked at your site and see the announcement is where it should be, but the link to the URL is missing. If you haven't ever created a link, here's an example of how to do it:

Edit Site Pages > Home Page > Edit Announcements
At the bottom of the announcement, type "Click here for the link."
Highlight "Click here."
In the Editor, click on the link icon (second row, third from right).
Copy and paste in the link box the URL "https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578798107/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=carli+spero&qid=1606170525&s=books&sr=1-1"
Click OK.
Click SAVE CHANGES.

Now, you'll see "Click here for the link" with "Click here" highlighted in blue. When you click on "Click here" you go to the URL.

You may see a few examples of this technique on our site's Latest News page: http://www.eastlongmeadowhighschool1970.com/Latest-News.htm

Edited 02/13/21 1:51 AM
Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 9:49 PM - Response #12

This forum has exactly the same type of option to create a "short" description and attach a link to same.

THIS IS A SAMPLE demo using the same link wanted.

Select the text, click the 6th icon from the left (chain thingy in this forum editor) then paste the link in text box.

Edited 02/10/21 9:50 PM
Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 8:34 AM - Response #13

Thanks Scott....will work on it today....after I finish shoveling SNOW!

Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 10:16 AM - Response #14

Gary, feel free to call me at home if you have any difficulties. Will be happy to walk you through it with your computer on. (530) 964-3140.

Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 3:37 PM - Response #15

Hi Scott.. Im almost there...have done the above...."click here" is highlighted and link has been added. However when I go back to page click here shows up underlined and in blue but when I click on it nothing happens......what next?

Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 3:41 PM - Response #16

You must not have clicked "OK" after you added the URL to the link box. Or you didn't click SAVE CHANGES afterwards. On your announcement, "Click here" is not in blue, so there is no link. Please call me with your computer on and I'll walk you through it. See response #14 for my phone number.

Edited 02/13/21 1:52 AM
Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 3:45 PM - Response #17

never mind Scott.. IM there!!!!!!!!!!!glad I can still learn something new everyday.....tks for help..

Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 3:48 PM - Response #18

Just looked again at your site. You've done it!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.