We can edit these automatic emails:
– Welcome Message
– Profile Update Reminder
– Missing Classmate Invitation

Why can't we edit these?:
– classmate update profile
– classmate birthday
– classmate activity

We would like to include footer message that directs classmates to the Notify Me section (that is not exactly intuitive for changing preferences or defaults) so they can shut down copious email notifications (especially leading up to a bigger reunion).

One would expect that this (fairly expensive) service would want to be as dynamic and customizable as possible, especially in light of competitors like Facebook. Sure, it's been around a while but it's surprising that the administrators/owners wouldn't want to do whatever they can to keep customers happy ... especially in these changing times of electronic communications. Just a thought.

Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 5:16 PM - Response #1

I profoundly disagree with you that Class Creator is fairly expensive. I find it extremely inexpensive for the value, to the point we've extended our subscription out to 2038.

Take advantage of the specials that come out now and then to extend your subscription. Even at $1099 for a ten year full-price premium subscription, that's just $.30 per day. If you can't afford it yourself, put up a PayPal donation module and have classmates chip in. Or, let your subscription expire and get the free with ads plan.

Edited 02/27/20 8:29 PM
Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 5:30 PM - Response #2

Hi Fritz,

The Welcome, Profile Update Reminder and Missing Classmate Invitation are messages that do not have the potential to go out everyday to every classmate.

The immediate and once daily emails listed all contain a link at the bottom/footer of each summary email that states: "To change or discontinue these email notifications manage your Notify Me settings."

We have optimized the completely automated immediate and once daily statements for maximum deliverability for mass emails. We clearly state what each link contains Jane Doe has a birthday in 7 days, Jane Doe has updated her profile, Jane Doe has uploaded new photos her her gallery.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 5:39 PM - Response #3

Thank you, Jessica. We've just had some people complaining about so many e-mails.

Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 5:43 PM - Response #4

Some people choose the subscribe all option thinking it sounds like a good idea until they start getting more emails than they wish. You might want to send out a class wide reminder that they can edit their settings under Member Functions > Notify Me and control who they are subscribed to and if they receive notices such as birthday reminders and profile updates.

Jessica

Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 4:32 PM - Response #5

I can't find where to turn off emails of classmates' birthdays.

Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 4:37 PM - Response #6

Under Member Functions, click on Notify Me. Scroll down to Profile Subscriptions and at the very bottom, click "Never" for "A classmate whose profile I'm subscribed to has an upcoming birthday."

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.