ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Transferring domain name

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/19/21 02:34 PM Views: 248 Replies: 2
Friday, February 19, 2021 at 2:34 PM

I got an email from you today about the secure certificates for domain names. I'm totally confused. Do we need to transfer the domain name from the original vendor (Godaddy.com) in order to do this? I was doing this, got the authorization code from Godaddy.com (MM023DD62$E!4412) for our domain name of mccluer1969.com. On the eNomCentral page it wants another 49.95 to transfer the name on that I still have over 3 years paid left on it? I have to do that to get a secure certificate? Thanks for your help!

Friday, February 19, 2021 at 8:53 PM - Response #1

The domain name mccluer1969.com is now just transferring to the original LONG NAME which is now already secure.

You only need to get an SLL certificate if you complete the CC step that converts your site links to all say mccluer1969.com instead of the long name you now have.

Meaning your site as now configured is automatically secure without you having to do a single thing. If you tell CC to change your URL, then you will have to buy an SSL as described.

CC says you do not have to use their registrar (enom) for SSL if you wanted to use that domain name you gave for all the links. No details given yet on what steps you need to take at GoDaddy. A lot of domains here are from GoDaddy.

Friday, February 19, 2021 at 9:09 PM - Response #2

No need to transfer domains - just go to Admin Functions > Manage Domain > Secure Certificate option. We have a verification token we can place on your site to verify it is part of our network when the certificate is being issued.

Jessica

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.