ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

married couple with same email/profile probs

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/31/08 08:39 PM Views: 1381 Replies: 5
Friday, October 31, 2008 at 8:39 PM

Hey Brad. Our class have several members that married other classmembers and share the same email address. The husband used their email addy to fill out his profile so she can't use the same email addy. Right? I told them she would probably have to get an addy of her own BUT that I would also ask you just to be certain (in case there was any way around it)

Friday, October 31, 2008 at 9:49 PM - Response #1

You are able to use the same e-mail address, they just need to have seperate passwords to go with their profiles. My wife and I share my e-mail address, because she doesn't do e-mail except thru the reunion website. The only issue is if someone wants to send a personal email to only one of the two people. If they don't mind, there should not be a problem. Good luck with your website.
Roger Combs

Friday, October 31, 2008 at 10:17 PM - Response #2

Roger, I appreciate your response. I didn't know for sure, so I'm feeding them your answer. I think a lot of people might think they have to use their email password since they have to enter their email address. This might be the case for this scenario. Thank you!

Friday, October 31, 2008 at 11:00 PM - Response #3

Sandi Baker wrote:

Hey Brad. Our class have several members that married other classmembers and share the same email address. The husband used their email addy to fill out his profile so she can't use the same email addy. Right? I told them she would probably have to get an addy of her own BUT that I would also ask you just to be certain (in case there was any way around it)

This is a little bit off topic, but you can link one spouse to the other spouse (so that you can click on the spouse name to see the spouse profile) by putting the following in the profile of each spouse:

Spouse Name

To get the exact link for the spouse, go to the spouse page first and copy the "http://...." from the address bar of the browser. Then go to the person who married the spouse that you copied the link for. In their Spouse Name field, paste the above text and replace the "http://..." with what was copied from the address bar.

Saturday, November 1, 2008 at 12:20 AM - Response #4

Just confirming that Roger is correct, multiple users in the same class can have the same email address as their login but must have different passwords.

Saturday, November 1, 2008 at 10:58 AM - Response #5

Thanks Rick R (for the confirmation) and SF for the idea. As soon as she tries to re-enter, I'm going to try that! Sounds cool!

Edited 11/01/08 10:59 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.