ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Uploading cvs file for multi-year site

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/20/15 01:12 PM Views: 860 Replies: 6
Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 1:12 PM

When uploading a class list cvs file, do you need to upload each class year one at a time, or can you do it for all classes in one upload Question

Also, can you put the word "Guest" in the year column on your cvs file and will it populate all the names in the Guest area on the website Question

Regards, Vicky

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 1:40 PM - Response #1

There is a special template for the multi-year websites and that template also has the YEAR column. You can fill out that column with the year you want for each classmate and then upload. You would do the same for guests, but then after they are uploaded, change the guest member to "Show on class list" option to be a guest. There is no column where you can put "Guest" and have that classmate put in the guest section.

You can put a "*" after the name (I think it is the last name) to indicate a deceased person and they will be added to In Memory automatically.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 2:32 PM - Response #2

Thanks Kyle, Smile

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 11:26 AM - Response #3

Another question regarding uploading a cvs file for a multi-year site. If you do not know the year for a classmate (in my case Veterans) will their names still be added to the website? Will there be a category titled "Unknown" Question

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 1:15 PM - Response #4

Yes, however they will not be grouped within their specific year, but rather listed under the list of available years.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 5:13 PM - Response #5

Hi Vicki,

There are two administrators for our website, myself and Mike Ward, and he is the one who set up the website. I have forwarded your question to him so you should be hearing from him. good luck.

Pam Childers-Taylor

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 5:13 PM - Response #6

Hi Vicki,

There are two administrators for our website, myself and Mike Ward, and he is the one who set up the website. I have forwarded your question to him so you should be hearing from him. good luck.

Pam Childers-Taylor

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.