ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Uploading word documents

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/17/22 09:21 PM Views: 3411 Replies: 5
Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 9:21 PM

I missed it if it is out there, Is there a way to allow for the uploading of word documents (like photos)? We want our classmates to upload their post graduation history for a class history book.

Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 9:32 PM - Response #1
Word.jpg

Someone with more knowledge must weigh in, but on the Image Editor, on the first line, there's an icon called "Paste from Word" (hover over it to see the wording). You may be able to use that to help you. See attached screen print.

Friday, November 18, 2022 at 9:18 PM - Response #2

Thanks, but I can't get into the photo editor until after I upload a photo - a .docx won't work.

Friday, November 18, 2022 at 11:06 PM - Response #3

Not sure if you meant literally Classmates or YOU that did the uploading. Classmates can only upload images to galleries you designate.

Convert the docx to PDF and then you can upload the PDF to your file vault and display them. I posted some examples of how to display PDF files on a page (without clicking on them).

FREE Adobe site to convert. Works well

https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/online/word-to-pdf.html

Saturday, November 19, 2022 at 7:37 PM - Response #4

Sorry, I'm new here. Where do I upload them? Gallery won't accept a pdf. I create a new page (upload your sea stories here), but what do I do next?

Saturday, November 19, 2022 at 8:04 PM - Response #5

Users can not upload the files. They have to send them to you to upload first - just verifying here that the following is for YOU only.

The File Vault is a storage are where you can upload pretty much any file. Common files are image, PDF, MP3 and so forth.

When you edit a page, there are icons on the top where you select various options. On the second row, third from the right there is an icon that says "link" when you hover over it.

Click that icon, then click File Vault on the next dialog. Now you will see a page with Folders displayed on the top left followed by Files and then Image, etc.

This is pretty much the same as the folders on your PC

Do not use Image folder - that only accepts images. The Image folder resizes images (another story). If you want high res images use the Files section. But you have to do a bit of extra coding.

I recommend to right click and make a new subfolder folder first in Files. Again pretty much the same as your PC. Call it whatever you want.

Now click the folder you made and select Upload on the top.

Then select the files (you can select multiple) and upload what you selected.

Make other subfolders as desired.

You access the folders on a page by the URL that will appear on the Link line where where you started. Once you do one, you'll see how it works.

PDF files require some extra code to display on your page. I can show in a different comment otherwise it gets too messy here.

Various things on CC are enhanced by your own html. It's a series of steps, so just take it one at a time. Various topic can be searched on this forum to see the questions/solutions that come up.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.