Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Optional categories within Classmate Profiles

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 03/12/10 09:11 PM Views: 1218 Replies: 2
Friday, March 12, 2010 at 9:11 PM

(From New Features) Brad asked:
Quote:

Are you talking about superlatives or whole new designations by which you want to break up your class list on the Classmate Profiles page? I'd like to hear your specific ideas on what you're looking for.

I seem to remember there was a discussion about this a few weeks ago, but what I'd be looking for is a way to have to add a category under "CLASSMATE PROFILES" called "TEACHERS" and another "SCHOOL STAFF". The term "GUESTS" is too general. It would be nice if that could be changeable.

Our Class of 1961, decided to add classmates who attended our school who did not graduate with us but were childhood friends & classmates for a year or two, before leaving the area. I'm not looking to make our site a "multi-year" site since these classmates only represent 20 or so for up to four years prior. Our Search Committee has found about a dozen so far that have said they will be attending our 50th Class Reunion and our Committee refuses to call them "GUESTS". So I'd like to call them "NON-GRADUATES", but also want to add our Faculty & Staff (as a few are still alive).

Friday, March 12, 2010 at 10:04 PM - Response #1

If we do something like that we'd have to come up with a way for you to create and define your own headings. One size would never fit all. For the moment, what other people have done is add the info in parenthesis after the last name. On your site it comes out like this:

John Jones (Teacher)
Sally Smith (School Staff)

If you're only needing to add about 20 guests, would this work for you?

Friday, March 12, 2010 at 10:18 PM - Response #2

That might work with Faculty & Staff, although originally we had over 60 teachers and about 20 other staff members. Maybe 8-10 that are still alive and perhaps five that might be able to attend our Reunion events in 17 months. The real problem is that at last count there are 82 of these "renegade" non-senior graduates that the site is trying to keep track of.

This has been a real exercise in tenacity for me--which I have to keep biting my sore tongue!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.