ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Domain name not active

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/11/16 07:21 PM Views: 1268 Replies: 8
Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 7:21 PM

I received an email form class creator saying my domain name was not registered....and now my site will not load...
I bought the domain name in 2009 from godaddy and my website was fine for years...the domain names is paid through 2022....

Edited 05/11/16 9:14 PM
Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 11:51 PM - Response #1

Please check with godaddy and see if there are problems. We cannot access it from our end. If you need to set up the "A Record" for your domain name, please do the following at your domain name registrar website (goDaddy.com).

If you wish to point your domain name directly to your Class Creator web site, please go into your domain manager at your existing Registrar and add the following IP address to the A record: 69.41.171.205. This will link your domain name to your Class Creator web site. If you need assistance please call your Registrar by phone and read them the above instructions and they will be able to assist you. Please note that the ONLY thing you need to change at your Registrar is your A record. You do not need to change anything else, such as nameservers. After you've done this log into your class web site, click the "Register Domain" link, and type in your domain name and then click the Activate Domain Name button. This will link up your domain name from your Registrar to your Class Creator web site and you'll be all set.

See if that helps.

Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 12:58 AM - Response #2

Below is the letter I received from class creator. It says they have removed my domain name in the letter, and restored my class creator address. (?) I will try changing the IP address as you have indicated, I am aware of how to do this. Can you look into the this email, I received and why I received it?

This is an automated email from Class Creator.

You have entered a domain name for your web site (Garland High School Class Of 1969 "Home of the Fighting Owls") that is not registered with a domain name Registrar. In order for your domain name to work with your Class Creator web site you must register your domain name. You can do so by visiting www.classnames.net to register http://www.garlandowls1969.com/.

Our system has automatically removed the domain name you entered and has restored your Class Creator address. If you choose to register a name with Classnames.net, please make sure after registration that you return to the "Register Domain" page of your web site and again paste your domain in the white box at the bottom of the page. Finally, press the Activate Domain Name button to activate your new domain name.

If you need assistance with domain names please see our FAQ section at www.classcreator.com/faqs.cfm or email info@classcreator.com.

Brad Switzer
Class Creator

You cannot reply directly to this email. If you have questions or comments, please use our contact form.

To change or discontinue these email notifications manage your Notify Me settings.

Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 9:41 AM - Response #3

Still waiting for dns to update.

Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 10:00 AM - Response #4

Hi David,

I ran several tests this morning now that GoDaddy's dns updates can be seen everywhere and I think I see the problem. The A Record IP address needs to be added for the domain with and without the www in front of the domain name for it to function properly. When I run all the tests on the domain without the www we get the IP address response we are expecting. When I run the tests for the domain

www.garlandowls1969.com with the www in front of it there is no response at all. They somehow only have an entry for the domain without the www and nothing entered for the domain with www in front of it which most browsers add automatically when you type in a domain name without the www.

Once that entry is fixed on their end and updated everything should be fine. Unfortunately we were not getting consistent responses from their dns servers yesterday to be able to clearly see what the issue was until it had updated.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 10:15 AM - Response #5

Would both IP address entries be the same...for @ and for www. I looked it up on godaddy and for the @ I had 69.41.171.62 and for the www it has 50.63.202.9

Yesterday I changed the @ twice...ending with 206 and then 205 as recommended in this stream...but I changed it back to the 62 ending this morning. so just need to be sure about the www entry

Edited 05/12/16 10:17 AM
Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 10:38 AM - Response #6

the domain needs to be the same IP with and without the www. It doesn't matter if its the .62, .206 or .205 as long as it matches for both.

If the www is currently 50.63.202.9 that is the problem. To the outside world the domain with the www isn't registering at all. It isn't responding back with the 50.63.202.9 IP so you might need to check with Godaddy to make sure there isn't another entry that is causing a conflict making the domain with the www not to respond.

Jessica

Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 1:24 PM - Response #7

Your domain name is now working.

Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 1:28 PM - Response #8

yes, thank you

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.