ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 11/22/22 08:24 PM Views: 3345 Replies: 2
Tuesday, November 22, 2022 at 8:24 PM

Hi,

First time I put a poll on my website. I received a message from a classmate saying they couldn't find the "grey" log in box.

Took me a minute but figured out what she was talking about.

The poll is visible when site is pulled up (which I didn't realize). So she had attempted to respond to the poll and it prompted her to go to the grey sign in box.
She was looking all over for the grey sign in box. She did admit she was not computer saavy.

I don't know if we need to have the word "grey" there with the sign in prompt. I don't even know if it was always grey to begin with and/or it changed when I put my school colors on the page, so my log in box is black.

My question is:

Is there a way to change log in prompt wording to match my color (black)?

OR my suggestion would be to just eliminate any mention of grey or any other color and just leave, go to the sign in box.

Thanks for your consideration!!! Gearing up for possible 50th reunion!!

Edited 11/22/22 9:07 PM
Wednesday, November 23, 2022 at 12:07 AM - Response #1

To help others looking at your post, when someone selects an answer to your poll on the right side of the home page, without being logged in, then clicks "Submit Vote," a pop-up dialog box appears with the wording, "www.uniondalehs73.com says: Sorry, you must be logged in to vote. Please login using the gray login box above." When you click "OK" you're taken to the login box.

I don't know if you can eliminate the wording "gray" or not. I think the black in your login box (white letters in a black box), may be caused by your secondary color choice under Admin Functions > Change Design > Site Colors > Secondary color. On our site, we have a secondary color of CCCCCC (light shade of gray) selected, which you may find by clicking on the small box at the right of the Secondary Color and scrolling down the color selection chart. Selecting CCCCCC may cause some other things to change to gray, so look around if you change it to gray. For instance, on my site, when I hover over any of the left-side menu pages, they change from red to gray, which is nice.

Edited 11/23/22 1:25 AM
Wednesday, November 23, 2022 at 12:50 PM - Response #2

Thank you for responding and clarifying my problem more clearly for others.

I did suspect that it had to do with my setting my class colors to the site colors section.

Testing that today. I changed the site colors and the only one that affected that log in box was when I changed the: site colors - Primary color. The secondary color change did not change the log in box color.

However, by changing the primary color, it changed out other parts of the site which I really don't want.

BTW: I tested the poll while not being logged in and got that message about grey box and when I clicked OK...it did NOT go to sign in box.

I still think that IT people could removing the color grey with their coding.

I am probably the only one that this has happened to!! Confused

I put a message on my home page that you have to be signed in to access the poll and sent an email out to classmates the same explanation.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.