ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How can I see what classmates have opted out of emails?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/01/12 08:59 AM Views: 1709 Replies: 7
Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Is there a way I can find this out without checking each individual profile?

Thanks, Ann

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 9:05 AM - Response #1

You can see this information on the EMAIL THE CLASS page. When you create a new e-mail, you will only be able to select those who have not opted out of receiving e-mail from your website. Those who have opted out will not be selectable and will have "Notify Flag Off" after their name.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 12:34 PM - Response #2

You can also use this URL to see the NOTIFY FLAG OFF classmates

www.classcreator.com/Buffalo-NY-Riverside-1972/class_admin_members_notifyoff.cfm

Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 7:15 PM - Response #3

So I understand they have the notify flag off. How do I send them an email anyway? Or is that just wrong?

Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 8:11 PM - Response #4

You can send them PERSONAL E-MAIL through your own personal e-mail program and then let them know that they aren't getting website e-mails because they clicked the link in their e-mail message. Maybe they did it by accident.

Maybe they clicked it because they were getting TOO MUCH E-MAIL from the system because they signed up for PROFILE SUBSCRIPTIONS. If this is the case, they can disable the Profile Subscriptions only on the PROFILE SUBSCRIPTIONS page.

When "Notify Me" is released, the "problem" with people trying to stop the Profile Subscriptions by using the link in the e-mail will go away because instead of 10 e-mails they will get just one e-mail with everyone's names in it.

Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 8:33 PM - Response #5

I am not sure how I want to handle this at this point. I have approx 10% of our profile who have opted out. I think I may wait to let them know there is a new feature that lets them control more of what they receive. Right now I send an email when I add someone to In Memory. I will be nice if people can decide that on their one to get obits. But our course now I know if I have chance of this being done on Tuesday. Now all I have to do is figure out which Tuesday it will be done.

Thanks

Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 8:51 PM - Response #6

I guarantee that you have a one in seven chance it will be done on a Tuesday!! One in seven (about 15%).

Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 8:58 PM - Response #7

Perfect!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.