ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Gift ideas for 65th Bday/Medicare Reunion

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/10/17 11:39 PM Views: 817 Replies: 6
Friday, March 10, 2017 at 11:39 PM

I am planning a 65th Birthday/Medicare Reunion.
Icebreaker is set.
School tours are in the works.
Reunion dinner is set.

Need gift ideas!

1. We have two events with a charge for food and are a bit concerned about being charged for classmates who do not pay and get by us. I thought of wristbands and took it a step further. Read on...
I am thinking silicone wristbands... black for the first night and orange for the second night. Possibly embossed/debossed. The idea is those who attend both events will have our school colors - orange & black.

2. A reasonably priced surprise gift for all, maybe a fun one.

Door prizes? Something useful. Something fun. Themed bucket for a guy age 65. Themed basket for a female. I want everyone to give everyone a weekend to remember.

Your ideas and where you purchase merchandise for your reunions is welcome! I like EmbroidMe as the one that WAS in the area I live was great! They have since closed. The one near my hometown was not a good situation. So I am open but cautious as I really like seeing and holding the items to have a good idea as to quality.

I am not totally against mugs however, they are not easy to ship when considering leftover items.

Centerpieces for our dinner Saturday night is another item. Orange mums, again? Confused

Looking forward to your ideas! Smile

Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 7:28 AM - Response #2

Hi Gwen, at our 50th we had three events where we charged for food. Our solution was to add to the person's name tag a red, blue, or/and yellow dot so we could tell what they had paid for. The dots were small 1/4" (or smaller) round colored stickers I believe we got at Staples. If they paid for lunch they got the red dot, dinner the blue, and brunch the yellow. Nobody got by us. We are doing something similar with our three-class reunion in the Fall.

Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 10:20 AM - Response #3

Thanks, Bill! The laugh is on me as I was not thinking about the time of year. This is earlier than the last two. Yay, no mums! Now... must we use daisies or something more fun?

Camille, We are keeping it simple regarding name tags as we did for the 45th. It will be peel and stick per event. While we could use name tags, not every wears them or keeps them on. I feel the silicone wristbands are best.

As to the wristbands, I am not sure if we'll have the usual embossed/debossed on the bands or something regarding this being our 65th birthday celebration.

Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 2:10 PM - Response #4

Oh! Number attending is unknown at this time. 55-133 more
or less.

Monday, March 13, 2017 at 12:07 AM - Response #6

Bill, First weekend in August yet you should know there is NO time to think. Decisions must be made as I want to open registration this week.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.