ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Message Forum

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 05/01/10 10:04 AM Views: 1520 Replies: 6
Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 10:04 AM

On the message forum, I have received complaints when people log on and look at the message forum they see the oldest message first and assume there are no recent posts. So seems it would be better to have the option to rearrange the messages most recent to oldest and visa versa.
Thanks

Edited 05/01/10 10:05 AM
Monday, June 7, 2010 at 8:46 PM - Response #1

Option at top of screen.

Friday, July 9, 2010 at 9:34 PM - Response #2

Our class, 1970 of Garland High, have the same problem. I would like to have the default settings on the message forum set to newest first and the default settings for the time at -6 GMT for Central Standard Time. Is there a method to do this? I tried as an administrator to set the time and order of message as above, but it keeps reverting back to oldest message first and eastern standard time. Any suggestions or help?

Friday, July 9, 2010 at 9:47 PM - Response #3

There is no way to change it to the default. I will include Brad and the Programming team to see if they want to implement saving the default for each classmate after they select it once.

Friday, July 9, 2010 at 10:43 PM - Response #4

I agree. I had the same "complaint" some time ago. When I reported it was told to use the red and blue arrows. My people would rather logon to the most current posting.

Friday, July 9, 2010 at 10:54 PM - Response #5

The option is now there to view the Message Forum in reverse order.

MY MISTAKE, THE OPTION DOES STICK. If you click it once, it will remember it.

Sorry to bother you Brad & Mike.

The option didn't even exist a few months ago.

Friday, July 9, 2010 at 10:59 PM - Response #6

Two points:

1) This has come up here previously and the majority of people preferred to read the page consecutively from top to bottom, which is why that's the default in the Message Forums.

2) Every single user can already control this setting. And that setting is saved for each user as well. Thus those wanting to read from top to bottom can, and those wanting to read from bottom to top can.

I can't imagine what more we could do than to put that preference in the hands of each reader. Smile

Edited 07/09/10 11:01 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.