ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Multiple Root Administrators

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/03/09 05:55 AM Views: 1524 Replies: 3
Thursday, December 3, 2009 at 5:55 AM

I would like to make at least one more administrator a root so the updating can be shared.
As far as I know things like verify deceased can only be done by root admin.
Is it possible to have more than 1 root?
Thanks To All - This is an awesome product. I have researched several and this is the best. Easy to use (most of the time) and has all the right features.

Thursday, December 3, 2009 at 6:58 AM - Response #1

There can be only one Root admin. The root admin is the person who controls the most things about the website.

Coming next year, there will be a new feature "Admin Rights" where you can add a new admin and give them rights as to what they can do on the website.

Sunday, December 6, 2009 at 12:17 PM - Response #2

This brings up an interesting question.
What happens if the root admin. meets an untimely demise?
I presume one of the other admins. can notify you, and you can make one of them the root admin?

[Being the root admin. for our site, I hope it is MANY years before out site has to deal with this issue!]

Sunday, December 6, 2009 at 12:33 PM - Response #3

There are very few cases where we can go in ourselves and change the Root Admin, but death is certainly one of them. If we are notified of the death of a Root Admin, we will turn over access to another member of the Reunion Committee or class who is interested in taking over management of the site.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.