ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Query on Announcements

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/29/09 05:33 PM Views: 1070 Replies: 3
Sunday, March 29, 2009 at 5:33 PM

I really like this feature and didn't even realize we had it until today when I got a notification that one was queue'd awaiting approval.

Here's the question. I'd love to encourage others to do this, but I don't want them cluttering up our home page. Is there any easy way to auto-direct these to an Announcements folder?

It's not a biggie, because there probably won't be that many and I could c&p them. Or maybe just set the folder up and have people do them directly there?

Has anyone tried any of this?

Sunday, March 29, 2009 at 9:12 PM - Response #1

Announcements are currently a home page feature, as you've realized. With the new threaded forums that launched tonight you might want to create a whole forum just for Announcements though. You can also moderate posts there if you want (i.e. only show posts that you've approved).

Monday, March 30, 2009 at 1:04 PM - Response #2

Thanks Brad! I haven't quite figured out how to handle this, but that's another option. (I did do a test of what the approved announcement looked like on the home page and not only did it take up a good chunk of it, it had an expiration date of 2019 Smile

My classmates like to plan ahead. It must be generational.

Monday, March 30, 2009 at 8:05 PM - Response #3

You can also copy an announcement and paste it to any other page. Yea, not automated, but it would be pretty easy to put them where you want them.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.