ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Multipage TIFFs

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/22/14 03:10 PM Views: 756 Replies: 4
Wednesday, January 22, 2014 at 3:10 PM
AHS Showboat Program.tif

It appears that multipage TIFFs are not supported. I started a gallery devoted to class memorabilia and uploaded our graduation program, senior dance program and Christmas Assembly program. These were all mutli-page TIFFs that were created from PDFs. They work fine on my computer, but in the gallery only the first page of each is viewable. Any chance of adding multipage TIFF support in the near future? I can't imagine that it's too hard, since virtually any program capable of reading TIFF's support this function. In the meantime, I guess I need to load the as PDFs to the vault, which I can do, but which is more clumsy than being able to actually support them in a gallery.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 at 5:53 PM - Response #1

You could opt to upload this image into the main editor window to have it display on the page. Granted, that will not be in the gallery view. Is there a reason it has to be so large?

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 at 6:56 PM - Response #2

Yes, aware of that page option. But, I'd like to see the gallery support it. I suppose it could be at a smaller DPI but that's not the issue of immediate concern.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 11:57 AM - Response #3

After looking into what a Multi Page TIFF is, we've determined that it is not a file type that is in high demand by our overall user-base. Please convert your file into multiple images for upload.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 9:52 PM - Response #4

I converted them to PDFs and then used the file vault with a linked page. It works, but was pain in the butt to have to go through all of this finagling to make something work that should have been possible just through the gallery function. Maybe in the next upgrade.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.