ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

New Image Editor added to the Profile/What's New

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/08/15 05:53 PM Views: 1738 Replies: 14
Monday, June 8, 2015 at 5:53 PM

Today I received an e-mail from CC describing the subject Editor. Do photos added by classmates via this feature count against storage limits?

Monday, June 8, 2015 at 6:21 PM - Response #1

I just started getting images uploaded by classmates from our 50th reunion this past weekend. When I try to edit the images the first thing that happens is that the image turns upside down. Then when I try to crop it or do anything else and save it, nothing happens, i.e. the images remains unchanged.

Edited 06/08/15 6:21 PM
Monday, June 8, 2015 at 6:32 PM - Response #2

Being just a new image (and very nice) editor. All the prior storage "what counts" are the same. So for profiles, should be no change in what contributes to file vault limits. Profiles don't count, galleries do and so forth.

F C Bock wrote:

Today I received an e-mail from CC describing the subject Editor. Do photos added by classmates via this feature count against storage limits?

Monday, June 8, 2015 at 6:39 PM - Response #3

I tested a "flip" and saved it successfully.

Can you attach the image here?

Sometimes metadata flips an image (as when the camera is held upside down) but this new editor should be able to fix.

Pretty powerful and easy to use, although I just toyed with all the various tools. Didn't save since I didn't want to alter the image .. yet.

Jim Davis wrote:

I just started getting images uploaded by classmates from our 50th reunion this past weekend. When I try to edit the images the first thing that happens is that the image turns upside down. Then when I try to crop it or do anything else and save it, nothing happens, i.e. the images remains unchanged.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 4:50 PM - Response #4

Profile images are not held against file vault space.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 9:55 PM - Response #5

The new image editor automatically flips any image I try to modify by 180 degrees, ie upside down. The image stays upside down during application of the changes and then turns right side up when you apply and save. Many of the utilities in the editor are very difficult to use with the image upside down.

In addition, I uploaded about 100 photos today received via email from two classmates. After uploading to my gallery, I selected some of the images to attribute to the sender. Everything appeared to work, ie I could select the photos, select the classmate, then save the changes. But nothing was changed and all the photos are still attributed to me.

Just went back to the photo galleries to check to see if maybe there delay in the attribution process. I'm now missing 33 of the photos that I updated, viewed and attempted to change the attributes on about 30 minutes ago.

Edited 06/16/15 9:59 PM
Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 10:05 PM - Response #6

Can you attach one of those images here? I'll see if it does that on our site. CC sites are on different servers.

So far, it does not behave that way for me. By using your image it's easy to see if it's somehow a site issue since it should do the same "flip" for me.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 10:31 PM - Response #7

Jim Davis wrote:

Just went back to the photo galleries to check to see if maybe there delay in the attribution process. I'm now missing 33 of the photos that I updated, viewed and attempted to change the attributes on about 30 minutes ago.

I experienced the same problem and have brought this up in another thread. I found that if I went back in and attributed the photos to myself that they'd then show up again. As far as I'm concerned the upgrade not only doesn't work properly but it has removed the functionality of being able to upload photos for a classmate directly. An upgrade should not degrade.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 11:18 AM - Response #8

Jim Davis wrote:

Two days ago I changed the attribution back to the classmate for whom I had uploaded the photos. As before they were no longer visible when viewing the gallery via the link. I checked back this morning and the attribution is now correct AND the photos show. I'd say there's a lag a big LAG.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 8:31 PM - Response #9

Hi Fred,

The programmers were working on this section and the display was likely do to something they corrected. Can you try again and let me know if its working for you now?

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, June 18, 2015 at 12:09 AM - Response #10

Jessica,

As far as I'm concerned it's still not working. Attribution changes should take place immediately and they are not. A change I made 15 minutes ago is still not recognized.

Thursday, June 18, 2015 at 5:42 PM - Response #11

Hi Fred,

If you hit shift reload/refresh are you still not seeing the update?

Jessica

Thursday, June 18, 2015 at 6:04 PM - Response #12

Jessica,

I refreshed the screen several times and did not see the update.

Friday, June 19, 2015 at 1:28 PM - Response #13
badimage.jpg

The image editor is still not working properly. Images are routinely inverted when you select crop, etc. In addition, even though the image loads appear to be complete, sometimes you get completely black or partially black images.

I have attached a scrren shot.

Friday, June 26, 2015 at 6:34 PM - Response #14

Can you try your image uploads again and let me know if they are working better for you now? There were several tweaks to the editor this week and I can't recreate the issues on tests on this end so I'll need some feedback to know if we need to investigate further.

Thank you,

Jessica
Class Creator Support

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.