ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

"In Memory" entries

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 03/12/10 10:04 AM Views: 1543 Replies: 4
Friday, March 12, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Thankfully I have not had any "In Memory" entries for a while. I think you've updated that area a bit, and it is good!

Today I added a classmate who was not registered on the site. With the help of his obit, I now know he was a veteran. I'm wondering if the veteran information box could be added to the area where we enter date of death etc.? That way, we wouldn't have to go back into the profile, to add the flag next to the veterans name.

No rush on this one! Hoping it's a good long while before I have to enter another of these.....

Edited 03/12/10 10:06 AM
Friday, March 12, 2010 at 10:35 AM - Response #1

Hmmmmmm, yes, that's a good point Ruth, I never thought about that. In many cases newer Admins are just entering deceased Classmates directly when they create their sites, so they're never creating a Profile for the individual in the first place. I bet especially to them it could be confusing that the flag is actually triggered from a different part of the system, especially since they're not even using that part of the system for the deceased Classmate.

Anyway yes, the simple solution is to put a copy of the military dropdown on the In Memory entry screen, which will definitely make this more usable and more understandable for people. Good recommendation.

Friday, March 12, 2010 at 10:47 AM - Response #2

Great! I'm glad the request was made and that you'll fix this. It will make things much easier! Thanks!

Friday, March 12, 2010 at 11:39 AM - Response #3

Yes!! Thank you! Often when we're pasting in obits we see military service we hadn't known about, have to back all the way out to get to the profile.

Friday, March 12, 2010 at 12:35 PM - Response #4

Brad,
I add my kudos too! as I am a vet... does that mean that in the vet's profile military service will be selected? Then how will it show branch? Our site is one that has a Air Force backing as our HS was built near March Air Force Base. Though their seems to be a balencing of the branches.

I would like to see a pie chart or a bar chart of the breakdown of our Vets. Is this possible?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.