ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

List shortcut.

), you only need to change the
Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/25/09 02:13 PM Views: 1405 Replies: 9
Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Brad, this is just for my wish list, but - any time I am navigating through a large list of classmates, I think how handy it would be to use a key for "first letter of last name" to jump to the neighborhood of the classmate's name. Obviously not critical, but for the really big classes it would save a lot of scrolling time. Any merit in that? By the way, thanks for all tips on Tables. They really add to design capabilities. Larry Gilbert - www.RockyRiver63.com

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 9:03 PM - Response #1

Have you tried the name search feature at the top of the screen? Just entering in the first few characters of the name brings it right up. No scrolling required.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 10:04 PM - Response #2

What does "Tables" mean?

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 10:20 PM - Response #3

Ray Guim wrote:

What does "Tables" mean?

Tables is a way of formatting the text so it appears in column form (like a newspaper). A table is made up of rows and columns. The intersection of a row and column makes a cell. Each cell can have a border/displayable outline around the cell or it can be turned off.

To create a table, open an editor and click on the icon with the mouse-over text "Insert/Edit Table" (two icons to the left of the yellow smiley face).

If you use the space bar to align text, it introduces problems with text wrapping. If you use TABLES to format the text to the correct horizontal position, the problem goes away.

Edited 08/26/09 9:04 AM
Wednesday, August 26, 2009 at 7:19 AM - Response #4

Duh... Thanks for the tip - I'm going to go look at that right now. Larry G.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 at 7:23 AM - Response #5

Brad, I think my question related to the Classmate Profiles section members use. I found the search field in the administrator section - but I think my original question related to missing classmates and classmate profiles on the home page. Thanks, Larry. www.RockyRiver63.com

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 at 7:30 AM - Response #6

Tables also allows you to present pictures side by side in one horizontal space, which I couldn't figure out how to do without using a table. www.RockRiver63.com - Larry Gilbert

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 at 11:45 AM - Response #7

I tried the tables. Can I make the left column smaller than the right column? It does not appear to be able to be adjusted.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 at 12:12 PM - Response #8

Ray Guim wrote:

I tried the tables. Can I make the left column smaller than the right column? It does not appear to be able to be adjusted.

The table columns by default are only as wide as the text (or image) that has been typed in the cells.

If you feel comfortable with doing so, you can click on SOURCE and change the

code (this defines the column) to . This will force the width of that column to be 200 pixels. You can change 200 to any number you want. If you have multiple rows (specified in HTML as
width on one of the rows because the column width is the width for the whole column.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 at 1:32 PM - Response #9

Got it! Perfect! I was making tables in Excel and pasting. This is much easier.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.