Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Announcements at bottom again.....

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/01/10 02:26 AM Views: 1700 Replies: 7
Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 2:26 AM

Announcements
Posted Wednesday, March 3, 2010 at 9:42 PM

Could you see why my announcements were kicked to the bottom of the home page instead of beside the right side boxes?

I have not made any adjustments to these in a while so I am not sure what is happening

I found this in my search....cannot figure out why announcements keep going to bottom.....help?

Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 9:11 AM - Response #1

I think it was because of your playlist. You have disabled the announcement with the playlist, so now it doesn't put the announcements at the bottom.

I edited your playlist so the widths are right (sent you an e-mail about it). You can now activate your playlist and it shouldn't cause the announcements to appear at the very bottom of the page.

Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 4:09 PM - Response #2

HI!
THANKS...that is what I wondering how to shrink down the play list... pixel wise. I did read an old posting of pixel size of playlist, but did not see where I would edit that on the board.

How about the RIGHT side of home page . I see so many other sites that have something in that dead area of the right...how do I expand that?

AND...can I, being ROOT work on site while alumni on the site?? THAKS MUCH

Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 4:15 PM - Response #3

1) To edit the playlist widths you need to click the "Source" button in the upper left corner of the editor first.

2) Click your "Change Colors" link and then use the Background Image feature to load a background image into the blank area.

3) Can you work on the sit while others are logged in: Sure ya can. Smile

Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 4:16 PM - Response #4

you are awesome....
I mean its like having a CC for DUMMIES Q & A .
THANKS so much. I am far from a techy and learning so much!!

Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 4:16 PM - Response #5

I was just going to say the exact same thing (as brad).

But I agree with Nadine, too.

Edited 05/01/10 4:17 PM
Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 4:25 PM - Response #6

so, the pixels on play list were to large? thats what was pushing the announcements down?
I unchecked it cause today was our launch date & wanted it to look half way decent. I am on west coast, so did the work late on our time zone. Now that I know I can work on it while others on..... watch out!! LOL!

Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 4:43 PM - Response #7

SFHS admin..THANKS also! much!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.