ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Home Page Agravation

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/21/10 02:53 PM Views: 1801 Replies: 10
Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 2:53 PM

Kyle or Brad,

I'm having a problem adding a new table, towards the top,of my home page. When I do, it blows out everything underneath it and forces it to the right, and it covers up the far right column. I looked at the source code, and deleted the repetitive code on 2 of the tables, but that did not seem to work. What am I missing? I must have some hard spaces or carriage returns embeded somewhere that is causing this. Any ideas?

I had to reload one of my archived pages to correct it. But when I edit from a "good saved page" it still happens. To see the screwed up pages, pick a page I saved today, 1-21-10.

Thanks,
Larry

Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 2:58 PM - Response #1

The width of your table should be 390px, so it won't blow out your page.

Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 3:04 PM - Response #2

The table was expanding to 419 because of the picture. I changed the picture width to 390 and it worked.

Also, TABLE Alignment of CENTER isn't what you want - it is used with text wrapping and so I changed it to NONE.

Kyle

Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 3:07 PM - Response #3

Thanks Ava,

I have all my home page tables set at 400 pixels wide. According to the "sticky note" at the top of this forum, home page tables should be no more then 420 pixels wide. It must be something else.

Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 3:09 PM - Response #4

Thanks again Kyle. Sorry you have to spend your day
correcting my screw-ups. Did the picture expand itself or did I do it?

Which picture was it?

Edited 01/21/10 3:10 PM
Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 3:13 PM - Response #5

It was the picture inside of the table - of three men. I don't know how it got that size, just that it was.

PS. It looked fine in Internet Explorer. It was just blown out in FireFox.

Edited 01/21/10 3:14 PM
Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 3:19 PM - Response #6

Kyle,

I'm still not there. Check out my page. I deleted the offending 2 pictures completely. Added my NEW
table, and it pushed my picture of the 3 explorers to the right. Help!

Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 3:27 PM - Response #7

TABLE Align=Left problem. Changed to NONE

Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 3:58 PM - Response #8

Hi Kyle!

So is the max image size for the HOME page 420 or 390?

The thread where Brad stated all the Maxs says 420. Is it that he was doing a Table and that made the max requirement drop to 390?

Thanks for the answer ahead of time! Hope you're keeping warm! Blessings! N

Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 4:03 PM - Response #9

QUOTE FROM FAQs page.

HOME PAGE: Do not upload images or embed objects on your home page wider than 420 pixels. Your home page is in columns and images can't be too big here. If a third party object exceeds 420 pixels, press the Source button in the upper left corner of your editor to adjust the width and height so your object does not exceed 420 pixels.

ANNOUNCEMENTS: Images and third party objects inserted into your Announcements area must be 398 pixels wide or smaller.

Kyle talking now. If I remember "390", I only have to remember ONE NUMBER instead of two. That is all I am saying. Not getting any younger, you know.

Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 4:11 PM - Response #10

Ha! Gotcha - Thanks!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.