ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

DO all Admins get the 'CONTACT US' MAIL?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/19/13 05:55 PM Views: 1474 Replies: 13
Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 5:55 PM

We are starting to get the ball rolling on our upcoming 40th reunion this August. I had a question about the 'Contact Us' tab. Do all the known Administrators get any email from classmates that go directly to the 'CONTACT US' Tab, or does it go only to my e-mail address, as the Root Administrator?

Or.....do I just send a private message to all the admins about our reunion? Very Happy

Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 6:18 PM - Response #1

James,

When you set up other admins, one of the privileges you can grant them is "Receive Contact Us emails", it is actually called "Send all Site Contact Form submissions". To set this up, go to Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates, then DETAILS for the classmate you want to give admin rights to, then choose GRANT ADMIN ACCESS (if it is not already checked) and then you can choose the permissions you want to grant.

Another way of communicating with the reunion committee is to use the Admin Forums. All of your admins can sign up to the forum and then you can enter discussions on the Admin Forums that only the admins can see.

Friday, May 24, 2013 at 3:49 PM - Response #2

I am the Root Admin (just had that designation handed to me from our former root, who went in for knee surgery) and I've checked to be sure and I do have the "Send all Site Contact Form Submissions" permission (along with all the other permissions) checked, but for some reason I'm not getting the Contact Us email that my fellow Admin already got. This is from a test email I sent from the site to see who it went to. I sent it hours ago, and while I understand there may be a delay, I'm concerned that I haven't gotten it yet, when the other Admin did. Should I wait longer (could there be a difference in which servers my email and his are being routed thru?). Or is this a glitch?

Friday, May 24, 2013 at 5:04 PM - Response #3

Laurie - you are set up to receive all of the notifications. If you just recently sent that contact form, I have noticed that there is a bit of a slow delivery time today. It will arrive.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 7:34 PM - Response #4

Has this changed? I have made two others site admin - checked ALL permissions, yet when I use the contact us, link it says specifically that the email is going to me (shows my name) and my email, and doesn't give other names or drop down or other choices. Please advise what to do - I want to get the other site admins to get the contact us....Or is the only way to make one of them the root admin? Thanks

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 at 8:44 PM - Response #5

When you click on Contact Us, if you're logged in, it fills in your name and email address on file - as the sender. If you're not logged in, it asks you to fill those fields in.

But if you actually send a test Contact Us, it should go to all admins who have Receive Contact Us permission as Kyle explained in #1 above.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 at 11:29 PM - Response #6

That's true for the SEND side...but at the top it says:

Contact Us

Send a Message to Dick Rubinstein, Acting Site Administrator:

It doesn't indicate that it also may be going to any of the other admins???

Thursday, August 28, 2014 at 12:24 AM - Response #7
ContactUs.jpg

Ahhh... I think I see where you're coming from. Here's a snap of ours, after clicking on Contact Us without logging in.

The message at the top is something you can configure by going to Edit Site Pages and clicking on Edit for the Contact Us page to create whatever message you choose.

Thursday, August 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM - Response #8

This is my first forum post and not a technocrat so apologizies in advance...I'm the Root Administrator & about to launch our website which is still "under construction".
All 7 of our Reunion Committee are granted complete Admin access as of last night. Using ClassNames.net, I was able to create domain name e-mail addresses for 7 classmates including myself. I sent a test email which I received showing my email address as elena@bishopmcdevitt65.com - thrilled my primary email address remains private.
1.If some of our 7 haven't yet joined our website can they be contacted from our website using our newly created domain email address? Because I updated my profile, I received an update containing my primary email address vs domain name email address. I'm so confused!
2. Under my Profile, can I type in my newly created domain name email address and on our website,under Profile, can I delete my primary email address? I prefer to keep my primary e-mail address private.
3. On our Main Page, how can I delete Class Creator logo and artwork?
4. How can I set up "who is Coming"? And if classmates pay for bringing a guest who isn't a classmate, can Classmate & Guest be listed as attending? My class is looking at how many have paid.
5. I've read tutorial multiple times and not having any success uploading photos of my high school on our Main Page. My PC is used for business and I have Windows 7 Professional recently installed and that alone is a learning curve.
I've been lurking on these forums & appreciate reading so many great tips - thank you!
And I'm using an iPad to ask questions and am in Basic Edit Mode. Can someone please be kind enough to assist this ClassCreator novice. Thanks!

Edited 08/28/14 12:27 PM
Thursday, August 28, 2014 at 2:19 PM - Response #9

Re your question #3; Edit Site Pages/Home Page/Edit Page and unclick ClassCreator Banner**

Thursday, August 28, 2014 at 3:04 PM - Response #10

Thanks!

Thursday, August 28, 2014 at 9:12 PM - Response #11

Elena, I just sent you a PM (page up to the top of all this and check your inbox) explaining how we set up our site and some of the options you have. But I forgot to answer question 5.
(5)Follow FC's advice to edit your home page, go down to where you see the editor showing the home page contents, put your cursor where you want a picture, click on the editor's Image button (second from the left on the top line), click Browse to find the picture on your PC, highlight it, click open, click Upload, and... it should magically appear where your cursor was to start with. You can adjust the size by clicking on the picture to select it, and then click/dragging a corner.

Thursday, August 28, 2014 at 9:23 PM - Response #12

John - Thanks much....I did a test email of contact us w/o logging in and all the admins got the email...so it DOES work, and we can customize the message as you mentioned. Thanks...over and out here...Dick

Thursday, August 28, 2014 at 10:57 PM - Response #13

John,
Thank you! 7 Admins need domain e/address. For 25 yr, same Reunion Committee has created 5 successful class reunions. Our CC plan is Premium - 100 can have domain e/address - we only require 7. Two of us will access changes to our website. All 7 Committee members prefer our primary e-mail address to remain private. Or did I misunderstand?
Currently, I'm away, using iPad and have no PC access. Upon my return, your suggestions will be most helpful!
Note: FC's advice is great and I botched by moving stuff off to one side (better than having CC graphic center page).
Fingers crossed I'll figure this out later next week.
Most appreciative for your time and assistance. Need to get this right before launching to 500+ classmates. Have a great weekend! Elena

Edited 08/28/14 11:12 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.