ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Download Senior Photos

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/25/09 11:37 AM Views: 1745 Replies: 6
Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 11:37 AM

For the first time I used the feature to Download Senior Photos. This is a really cool feature although, of course, I have all the original scans which are at a better resolutioin. Can you file these by last name first instead of first name? Same for Download Classmate Photos?

Please explain to me about the size and resolution of what is being downloaded. There's a difference in the size of what was originally uploaded.

Thank you,
Cheryl

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 1:18 PM - Response #1

I'll ask Rick about question 1, but regarding question 2, Yearbook Photos in our system are small. That doesn't stop many people from uploading full sized scans though. In fact they're often uploaded in non web ready image formats, such as TIF or BMP. We have no reason to save those large images on the system -- it would basically needlessly consume file space. Our system shrinks the image to the default Yearbook Photo size, compresses the image to JPG regardless of the format in which the photo was uploaded, and does not save the original. Having everything at a uniform height will also allow our system to auto generate some things in the future, such as nametags.

When you batch download Yearbook Photos, you're getting only the final result created by our system after your initial uploads. Like you said though, if you're needing images at the full resolution of your original scan, you would have those saved locally already.

Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 12:21 AM - Response #2

Thanks for changing the file names of the photos we download from our sites. They are now by last name.

However, for the female classmates, they are filed by their married names, not their maiden name which is how most of us maintain records now.

Can this be changed if it was a mistake or did y'all consciously decide to use married name?

Again, no big deal, honestly,
Cheryl

Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 2:00 AM - Response #3

I have no idea. For that I have to ask the Powers above myself. Oh, Riiiick? It sounds like using the Maiden name makes the most sense.

Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 8:26 AM - Response #4

I can do this... did you create a task for me? Smile

Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 12:12 PM - Response #5

uh, the Senior Photo downloads are filed by First name . . .

Cheryl

Friday, March 5, 2010 at 4:54 PM - Response #6

Cheryl Kemptner wrote:

uh, the Senior Photo downloads are filed by First name . . .

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl, the FOLDERS are named First name first, but the photos (JPG files) have the names in the filename as Last name first...

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.