ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Are Other Icons Available?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/28/13 12:18 PM Views: 1072 Replies: 7
Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 12:18 PM

We would like to add an icon to appear on the Classmate Profiles page which would indicate the individual is NOT attending our reunion. One of our site administrators will manage the placement of the icons. Can this be done?

Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 12:58 PM - Response #1

Deceased classmates are already identified by the double asterisk after their names.

In other words, for those classmates with such poor taste as to sklp your reunion, we do not have a way to add custom icons to the Profiles page.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 1:22 PM - Response #2

OK, thanks. We might try using a different typed character to show they are not attending.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 3:09 PM - Response #3

I don't understand. You can already separate those who are coming just by clicking on the "attending icon" and only those show up. Obviously those not on the list won't be coming.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 3:13 PM - Response #4

One of the other admins wanted to separate the non-attendees and keep that list available by denoting the names with a different icon. He has decided instead to maintain a hidden list in the admin function area. To add to the confusion, we have five separate functions on the reunion weekend, and not everyone is attending all of them.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 3:44 PM - Response #5

I don't envy you that. Smile

Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 4:12 PM - Response #6

This is just an idea that your fellow admin who wants to keep such a list might consider:

Perhaps there could be a ficticious, hidden "classmate" profile, so it won't show up anywhere, including as being logged in and none of your regular classmates will be able to see it. That way, the admin who wants to take on this task could add names of actual classmates who you all are certain are not going to be attending and your fellow classmates who are not admins would not see this file or know such a record file / profile is being kept. Plus if the other admins find out for sure that a classmate won't be coming to event(s), they could add, if they are authorized, names to the none attendee list or tell the admin who wants to do it. Also, if you all find someone changes their plans or deletions need to be made from this list, their name(s) could be taken off this private list.

Edited 03/02/13 12:44 AM
Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 4:32 PM - Response #7

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I believe my fellow admin is doing just that, maintaining a separate list which he can edit as needed.

I appreciate all the great ideas I find here, as we have incorporated a number of them. Plus, reading threads about issues which we encountered early on, such as basic formatting, were solved without having to place inquiries here on the thread or to make phone calls to the support desk.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.