ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Banning a classmate?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/03/20 10:28 PM Views: 593 Replies: 6
Friday, January 3, 2020 at 10:28 PM

Have you ever had to ban or restrict a classmate from accessing your class website? If so, what was the reason why? Was it permanent? - Just curious in asking.

Friday, January 3, 2020 at 11:39 PM - Response #1

So far, we've had no issues like that in 10 years. Without naming names, would you care to elaborate on what's happening on your site?

Friday, January 3, 2020 at 11:48 PM - Response #2

I was just curious. I have perfect model classmates so far! Smile

Edited 01/04/20 12:00 AM
Saturday, January 4, 2020 at 12:35 AM - Response #4

We have a permanent announcement on our home page, just in case we have issues come up - which has never happened.
My policy is, much like a FB page I help moderate, a Purpose Statement;
One warning only.
Second violation, then permanently banned.

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 1:49 PM - Response #5

One women is permanently banned for accusing a former classmate of rape back in the sixties. Airing dirty laundry for the public to see will get your banned permanently. No second chances. One was banned for a few years for being a real (__)o(__) and falsifying his information. He pleaded with us to get back on the site so he could attend the 50th Reunion, which I don't think he attended.
We started the site in Dec. 2009, a year before our 45th Reunion. I am in the Class of Jan. 65. I own the website and domain name. We do not allow anyone to copy our content or the database of our alumni. If there is other content being used that a classmate has made...we sign a contract with them for permission to use their content. We had a Reunion committee that took over after I resigned the chair that distributed copies of the alumnus database to their whole committee. They formed a social non-profit corporation. Not necessary...and spent all our seed money for 2020. They spent like drunken sailors and hired people to man the registration table....got a cheap awful DJ!!! It was the worst reunion. Everyone was leaving right after dinner. I just do the Website with a 'Website Crew' of 5. I will be stepping up to the plate to put together another Reunion committee for our 55th which is this year. But it will be on a smaller scale. The other committee was a pain...and the person who chaired it lost almost the whole committee. And they told me if she is on the committee they will not help. I couldn't work with her either...even tho back in our high schools days we played on a volleyball team for the Chicago Park District and won many medals. Go figure.

It's great that you didn't have any problems...hopefully you won't.

Edited 01/08/20 4:31 PM
Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 2:00 PM - Response #6

STEVE STEIN wrote:

We have a permanent announcement on our home page, just in case we have issues come up - which has never happened.
My policy is, much like a FB page I help moderate, a Purpose Statement;
One warning only.
Second violation, then permanently banned.

I think I stole (borrowed)your disclaimer...How have you been??? Health issues here with hubby and I. Give me a shout out in private!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.