ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Help with using BLOG

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/30/11 01:09 PM Views: 1179 Replies: 4
Friday, September 30, 2011 at 1:09 PM

I have found little documentation about using ClassCreator blogs, except the admin function to add new blog info. Is there any other info available? Can non-administrators add to the blog? Thanks for any pointers about this.

Edited 09/30/11 1:10 PM
Friday, September 30, 2011 at 1:42 PM - Response #1

Hi Bill,

I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to, since we don't typically refer to any of the features of our service as a blog. If you can point me to the documentation you did find, I can try to provide you further information.

Friday, September 30, 2011 at 1:58 PM - Response #2

Eric,
If you check our site, Pampa High School Class of 1962, you will see that the 5th topic on the left on the home page is "Blog". Also, under Edit Site Pages, the 6th entry is "Blog". I can create Blog entries using the "Edit" key on this "Blog" entry. Is this something special someone has created for our class?

Thanks, Bill

Friday, September 30, 2011 at 2:28 PM - Response #3

Bill,

If you go to EDIT SITE PAGES, then EDIT your "Blog" page, you will see at the top that it says "Edit Customizable Link 2". Your "BLOG" is just a customized page. There is no way to get classmates to be able to communicate with this "BLOG". A "Customized Link Page" is just static text.

If, however, you do have a school blog on some other website, you can add a LINK to your blog. The classmates would need to click the link and then they would be taken to the other website to participate in the blog.

The USER FORUMS (currently disabled on your website) are the closest thing to a blog on the website. To enable it, go to Edit Site Pages, then on the User Forums line, click the checkbox for ACTIVE

Friday, September 30, 2011 at 3:05 PM - Response #4

Thanks for the help, Eric.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.