ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Broken Links

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/19/16 03:08 AM Views: 664 Replies: 3
Friday, August 19, 2016 at 3:08 AM

I've just noticed that I have a number of broken links on my music page. Some of the button images that have always been there and the URL's they are tied to (click to open in a new page) are not showing and are not click-able. Viewing Edit Page reveals the link is broken, but the place holder is there.

Clicking on properties, looking at the location and the location is visible. The image is still in the file vault, and replacing it on the music page works. I can go ahead and make the repairs myself, but I'm wondering why they broke in the first place, and am I going to have to check every other page for other broken links?

What might have caused this and what is the easiest way to repair it?

Friday, August 19, 2016 at 2:36 PM - Response #1

OK, I found the easy way to fix it, go to the Edit Page and double click on the broken link image, that will open the properties popup that displays the name/location of the original image (so I don't have to try to remember what was there), then search the Vault for that name, double click on it, and it's repaired.

But I'm still curious what caused the break and do I need to look at every other page to see if there are any more breaks?

Monday, August 22, 2016 at 5:14 PM - Response #2

I do not know how long those may have been broken. I believe a while back we changed servers for the images and therefore that may have been broken at that time. However, this does not appear to be a widespread issue as we have not received any other complaints on the issue, to which I would have expected if this was wide spread. I'm going to forward this in case someone can shed further light on this issue, though I'm not certain I will find much of an answer.

Monday, August 22, 2016 at 5:28 PM - Response #3

Scott,

I'm glad to hear it is not widespread. I just couldn't see a reason the links broke when the resource image was intact, guess we may never know, but I've got all the broken links that I'd found corrected, and all is good.

Thanks for checking!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.