ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

add an administrator, not in class

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/23/08 09:41 AM Views: 1336 Replies: 3
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 at 9:41 AM

I want to add my wife as an administrator for the site, but she is not in our class. Is there a way I can do this without listing her as a classmate?

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 at 9:46 AM - Response #1

No unfortunately you would have to add her name to the classmate list. Could you instead give her your password so that she could use the administrator functions?

Tracy

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 at 11:48 AM - Response #2

I created an Alumni Association and 51 sites using Class Creator. I have listed myself in all sites at "Website Administrator" Using the First Name and "Website" and "Administrator" in the last name column. It avoids confusion for other classes which I did not graduate.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 at 2:53 PM - Response #3

Later this year we will be adding the ability to create guest accounts (accounts with full access privileges but the name will not appear on the class list). Although making a guest account have Administrator access would probably open up more cans of worms than it's worth. For that reason I agree with the suggestions above (you guys and gals are good by the way). Either let somebody use your account, or use a generic Administrator name.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.