ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Combining 2 Classes on one site

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/22/12 12:12 PM Views: 1301 Replies: 4
Thursday, March 22, 2012 at 12:12 PM

A previous class would like to join our reunion because they did not have one the previous year. Is there any way for me to set up a separate page on my site for their classmates to register for the reunion? We would like to set up a separate classmates list for them as well, but keep track of the registration payments logged in on one page. In other words we want them to register separately but combine the other activities. Please advise.

Thanks!
Tresa

Thursday, March 22, 2012 at 2:22 PM - Response #1

Hi Tresa,

It sounds like you may need to convert your site to a multi-year site. That is the only way I know of to do what you're asking. Be aware that if you switch the site to multi-year, you can't switch back.

The change is the first option on the "Edit School/Logos" link under your ADMIN FUNCTIONS.

Once you make the change, you can upload the class list from the other year and include the year of graduation in the file, and then classmates from both years can share the site and equal access tto the reunion registration features, and you'll be able to track all of them in the place.

Friday, March 23, 2012 at 11:46 AM - Response #2

You are adding another class just for the reunion? I wonder if one of our 'fellow' admins might have another solution.

The one thing I did when adding guests from other years to my single year site was to put the class year behind their last name/maiden name. If it were my name, it would read "Gwen Reinboldt '70 Corey". The year was in the field behind my maiden name. You may have to check that daily to make those updates. If only through a reunion and then you expect to remove the other class, there is an idea.

Good luck!

Saturday, June 23, 2012 at 5:04 PM - Response #3

I changed our site to multiple years, but it won't let me create tabs to list the classes separately. Help!

Saturday, June 23, 2012 at 10:14 PM - Response #4

Hi Marcy,

Though I can not see exactly what you are looking at, I can make a suggestion by looking at my multiclass site.

You should be in MANAGE CLASSMATES. At the top of the page, there is info important to understand how to use the overrides. Under that there are two circles, a square and two more circles. You need to toggle the one that fits what you want to do.

By what you wrote above, I suggest "Separate Classes by year on Classmate Profiles page."

You mentioned "tabs". If you are thinking menu links, that does not work for Classmate Profiles. Should you want to make an additional page for each class news, that is possible and we have work-arounds for that until CC's upgrades are complete.

Let us know and Marcy, WELCOME to Class Creator and the Help Forums! Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.