ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Loading Video into Photo Gallery

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/11/10 07:07 PM Views: 1219 Replies: 1
Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 7:07 PM

I know that I am behind the curve on this site...so what else is new...The question is, can I download/upload a video to the Photo Gallery, and will it take one in the .mpg format? I guess I could try it first, but since I am already here????? Edd

Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 7:31 PM - Response #1

No and yes. The Gallery Creator is for photos. There's a built in slideshow mode you can enable so within that context a video wouldn't work.

There is, however, an editable content block above each gallery. Thus you could easily upload a video your members could play that appears directly above your gallery thumbnail images. So yes, you could have all of this on the same page.

There's a variety of ways to get an mpeg video onto your site.

Hard way: Convert it to a web-ready format such as wmv or flv. Doing so requires knowing some video conversion software, uploading the file to your File Vault, and then embedding it on your site using object embed code. I can gie you further instructions for any of this if you're interested in having the video stream from your site itself.

Easy way: Simply upload your video to YouTube. They'll give you code to put it on your own web site. In your gallery editor window press the Source button. Now paste the Youtube code. Save. Voila, your video is now on your web site along with your photos, and you haven't utilized any File Vault space to boot.

Edited 03/11/10 7:32 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.