ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

locked out

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/30/08 05:20 PM Views: 1179 Replies: 3
Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 5:20 PM

If a student forgets their password or get locked out how do i reset their password?

Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 6:26 PM - Response #1

Charmaine Shettlesworth wrote:

If a student forgets their password or get locked out how do i reset their password?

Just edit that classmate and change their password to something easy "12345678" and then e-mail them the new password.

If you want to lock out a troublesome user, just change their password and DON'T tell them the new password.

Friday, October 31, 2008 at 4:27 AM - Response #2

Also click on the FAQs link above and then click on Questions About Passwords. There you'll find pretty much everything you'll need to know to manage these issues.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 at 5:51 PM - Response #3

Kyle Erickson wrote:

If you want to lock out a troublesome user, just change their password and DON'T tell them the new password.

Actually Kyle that won't work, if they hit the forget password button the system will email them the new password, but if you mangle their email address that will prevent the system from sending them anything. Leave out the @ sign for example.

In fact you're the one who pointed that out to me...

Hank Degenring wrote:
The thought crossed my mind but the only way I can think of to lock a profile without deleting it (and destroying all the work they did) is to change the password but they can use the forgot password button to have it emailed to them.

Kyle Erickson wrote:
In that case, you could change their e-mail address (remove the "@") and they couldn't get the password. Maybe after a month of "punishment", you could e-mail them the new password with a warning to see if the abuse still happens.

When you e-mail the class, the webpage is smart enough to tell you that this classmate's e-mail address is invalid, so it wouldn't send an e-mail to them.

Edited 11/06/08 11:43 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.