ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Pin Map - Poster wanted for reunion

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/16/12 04:12 AM Views: 1226 Replies: 5
Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 4:12 AM

Hi;
We'd like to be able to print out a poster-sized version of the pin map and have it at the reunion.

Also - would be great to be able to do this for the "Missing" classmates too.

Any ideas on how we could do this?

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 10:44 AM - Response #1

Hi Judy ~
A message from an old rival school !!! We still talk about those PALY games, the floats, and what fun we all had.

I would probably go to a print shop to get both the map and missing classmates posters made.

Welcome to CC !! We did our 35th reunion in 2010 using CC, and it was a huge success, much thanks to CC and having this website. Made many aspects of our reunion weekend easy to manage. And our alumni appreciate the website.
The best to you and your 40th ! Sounds like a fun time. Smile

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 10:53 AM - Response #2

Actually was looking for advice on how to take the image from the website to make it big enough (without losing resolution) for a poster - specifically the pin map, but the missing list as well.

(Hi, Melodie - Little Big Games at Stanford were the best! - My brother was class of '75 and played football at Paly)

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 11:05 AM - Response #3

The only way to get a good quality image in a large print format is to use the original image file. The one displayed on the web will always be scaled down in size and resolution. In this case, the map comes from Google's maps website, and probably does not exist anywhere in a single file format suitable for large scale printing.You can zoom into the map and capture small sections of it and stitch them together in Photoshop to create a large image suitable for printing, but this would be a tedious process and there is no way I know of to shortcut it. You may want to just go to a bookstore (if you can still find such a thing) or Amazon.com and buy a large world map and a box of push pins and have classmates at the time they arrive go to the map and place a pin on it representing their home.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 4:10 PM - Response #4

Hi Judy,
I'm a novice to this, but I've used to sites tfrom which to get posters. They may be able to lift an image and touch it up the way you want. It's worth asking them anyway.
One is vistaprint.com. They mainly make business cards but have expanded a lot. I used them to order business cards which I used as tickets to the reunion. They do advertise personal work if needed.
The other is allposters.com. You can e-mail them, tell them what you need and see if they can help. If they can't, they may know where to send you on line.
Also, if you have a local community college in your town, and if they have computer courses, onr of their professors may know how to go about you need, or they may present it to aone of their classes as a projects.
Again, I think it's worth the effort to try. Or, form a committee to do these things. People like titles. You may be surprised at the help. I know I was.
Barbara

Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 8:08 PM - Response #5

Try this site you will have to add everyone, BUT you will be able to save it to your computer an print it out

http://pub19.bravenet.com/guestmap/show.php?usernum=1560691375&password=&zoom=2&movetox=-52&movetoy=-241 WinkWink Don't tell CCRolling EyesRolling Eyes

Edited 05/19/12 8:09 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.