ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

SSL ISSUES

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/01/21 09:55 AM Views: 370 Replies: 8
Monday, March 1, 2021 at 9:55 AM

After getting our website the SSL Certification on Feb 18, 2021, there has been a glitch of sorts. Email birthday notification classmate links only pull up the Home page. The links no longer go to the individual classmate page. Is this a glitch with the new SSL certificate and how Classcreator links the birthday emails or is there something on my end to adjust to correct the issue?

Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 4:28 PM - Response #1

I also am experiencing some complaints from classmates about the loss of direct linking from email notifications. My theory is that when a site becomes more secure, the re-direct to the Home Page is requiring the requestor to log in prior to seeing the page in the notification, where in the past the log in step was skipped.. I would like some verification as to the veracity of my guesswork... Thanks!

Edited 03/02/21 4:29 PM
Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 6:16 PM - Response #2

Our site chose to use the CC SSL Certificate. We are having the same problem with links that are contained in the daily email that is sent with title "Updates and Highlights". The embedded links still contain our site domain (so not sure if that is an issue, but the link is generated by the CC system). If we click on one of these links it redirects to the HOME page not the updated page/message. So far I haven't found any way to change how the addresses(/links) are created and I haven't found any fields that I can use to set the "domain" to be used for all system generated address links.

I have requests in to CC, but after a week, still no response so we are not sure if it is a CC issue or something that we can fix (if we knew what to fix Sad )

Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 7:01 AM - Response #3

Email notification links are working now and going to the classmate profile page rather than ending on the HOME page. Thanks ClassCreator team.

Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 2:55 PM - Response #4
LinkIssues_ssl.PNG

I received this email this morning

The embedded link is "Martin Mouat"

When I click on this link, it takes me to the class homepage.

Do we need to wait for a few days for the change to be deployed?

Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 5:54 PM - Response #5

Hi Melvin,

Were you logged in? There was an update to the links yesterday.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 5:04 PM - Response #6

Yes, I was logged in.

Received an email with embedded link. Clicked on it, and it still went to the Home Page.

Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 5:10 PM - Response #7

Melvin,

Can you forward me an example? Please send it to info@classcreator.com and reference forum 71466

Thanks,

Jessica

Sunday, March 7, 2021 at 8:23 PM - Response #8

Thanks Jessica.

I tried earlier this morning 3/7, and the site was still redirecting to the HOME page.

I received several emails about noon. I didn't test them until 1700. THEY APPEARED TO ALL WORK. Congratulate your DEV team, or your host computers Javascript:addSmiley('Very Happy'); . I will keep checking, but all 3 that I tested worked.

-Mel

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.