ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

E-mail problems

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/10/08 07:03 PM Views: 1246 Replies: 5
Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 7:03 PM

Hello.
I'm a UK subscriber using Virgin as my mail provider with tinyf@blueyonder.co.uk as my address on my profile and as the site address for which I am administrator.
The site went live today and I've had half a dozen immediate responses from classmates who've signed up.
What I haven't had is mail from you telling me these people had joined the site. Should I have done?
I've also sent a test mailing from myself as a classmate to myself as Site Administrator using CONTACT US. Over an hour later I still haven't received it and am worried that classmates will have the same problem. I've checked all the possible SPAM avenues etc; but can't see a problem. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Mark

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 10:14 PM - Response #1

Several things to try here:

1) First, read the email section in our FAQs and make sure you're whitelisting postmaster@classcreator.net.

2) Does your email provider filter email at a higher level than your own account?

3) Are you aware of any issues with any email providers other than your own?

4) I'd like you to do me a favor: I'm not in the UK -- can you please call your email provider and ask them this specific question: "Why can I not receive email from the address postmaster@classcreator.net?" I need to know what their EXACT answer is in case I need to get in touch with them.

There are all kinds of reasons email may not get through, but if I had to make a wild guess on this one, either this particular provider, or some list in the UK they subscribe to, has blacklisted us. It happpens somewhat regularly unfortunately, and each time I have to go through hoops to get us off the list. Sometimes email providres think we are another large Classmate company who shall remain nameless, so they just ban us without giving it two seconds of thoughts....even thought we NEVER send a single spam email. If they've got us blocked, or subscribe to some UK list that has us blocked, I need to know about it so I can get on the phone with them and prove to them we are not spamming anyone... In the last 2 months I've had to do this very thing with America Online, one of the largest email providers here in the states (I finally got us on their whitelist). This is a rather frustrating problem, but apparently one we're simply going to have to deal with from time to time.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 at 3:59 AM - Response #2

Brad,
Thanks for your help and advice.

I've contacted my service provider to pose the question you told me to ask them. Response could take up to 48 hours so I'll get back to you when I get a definite answer. Usually, if there are any service issues they'll be published on their site and I need to check there first for that possibility. When there have been in the past, they've usually been short-lived and infrequent.

I'm satisfied my spam blocker is set to let you through without a problem.

This morning I did receive the join up mail I sent myself yesterday so, some perhaps mail is starting to come through ok but slowly.

Thanks again.
Mark

Thursday, September 11, 2008 at 9:56 AM - Response #3

Brian,
Further to my last e-mail, I've had a response from my service provider, Virgin Media, and Graham Roberts of the EContact Support Team(http://virginmedia.com/help/) says they are not aware of any issues that would stop me from receiving e-mails from you. I have just successfully received an e-mail telling me there's mail waiting for me on site but I am still waiting for an invite e-mail I sent from the site to my wife's e-mail address box a couple of hours ago. It's a puzzle.
Mark

Thursday, September 11, 2008 at 9:59 AM - Response #4

Sorry Brad, didn't mean to call you Brian in the last mailing! Just speaking to someone of that name and got confused. Must be my age.
Mark

Thursday, September 11, 2008 at 11:14 AM - Response #5

Does your wife have the same email provider? Please private message me your wife's email address, let me run a test.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.