ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Website "white", only audio

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/21/14 08:31 AM Views: 718 Replies: 4
Friday, February 21, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Hi, I just received this message from a classmate. Anyone else ever hear of this problem?

"I have tried to check out our website a couple times recently and after signing in just get music and a white page. Has anything changed? Can’t figure out what I am doing wrong – never had trouble before. Let me know if I need to do anything different."

From my end, the site is operating fine.
Thanks,
lisa

Friday, February 21, 2014 at 3:23 PM - Response #1

Hi Lisa,
Just a quick reply to say, everything was visible and fine when I clicked on your site (using browser IE10). Just a guess, but might have something to do with the device or browser the classmate is using. I am sure CC can address that more specifically if that is the issue.
Thanks!

Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 10:06 AM - Response #2

Without knowing what device was being used to access your website, I will take a guess that it was a computer, not a tablet or phone. Since your website is coming up fine using Firefox and Chrome, I can only assume it was an issue with the browser. Usually that can be solved easily by refreshing the page by hitting the F5 key on the keyboard or clicking out and clicking back in.

Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 11:29 AM - Response #3

Thanks you, Marla & Tim. I will pass on your responses to my member. Hopefully you have nailed it.
Appreciate your expertise,
lisa

Edited 02/22/14 11:30 AM
Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 11:38 AM - Response #4

Lisa, If you have any additional issues like that, try to nail down from your classmate the circumstances under which they had the problem. Most often it is a simple fix. All companies that host websites use many servers to administer the site. Servers are basically computers with very large storage capacities. They are all strung together so that it can handle a lot of traffic. One user may actually be getting part of the website from one server, and some from other servers. If one of those servers is having minor issues, the result could be a page that doesn't load properly on the user's computer. Refreshing the page sends a signal to the website's servers, and the user will now connect with a bank of servers that are all working properly and VOILA! You get connected. (NO I'm not French.) Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.