ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Spacing Off On Some Pages

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/28/09 12:30 PM Views: 1161 Replies: 3
Saturday, March 28, 2009 at 12:30 PM

I don't quite know how to describe this but here goes.

Some of the Links on our Class Website are not spaced right and the Page Title is cut off. The must be some kind of spacing issue there but I don't know how to fix it. Could the School Photo be causing this?

The Links I am talking about are the "40 Year Reunion Info"..."Announcements" and the "Lost & Found". The page titles are cut off on these and I can also see the text seems to be going out too far for some reason.

If this problem has been addressed elsewhere....just point and push me in the right direction...but don't push too hard....I am old...hehe!

Thanks for any help!

Sunday, March 29, 2009 at 12:18 AM - Response #1

All 3 pages contain elements that are too wide for the page. Some are more difficult to spot than others. For instance on one page you had so many underscores in a row that it blew out the page, which is the exact same issue as the "hard" space issue, but in this case was underscores instead of hard spaces. On another page you had a table that was over 700 pixels wide, blowing out the page, but nothing was inside the table so it was very difficult to see unless you switched to source code view.

I want you to read three threads that will fully explain all 3 problems you had here. I fixed them all while I was in there seeing what the problems were, but these three threads below will teach you how to fix issues like this yourself next time:

How to fix hard spaces, click here.

Understanding the space availabe on your pages, click here.

How different browsers treat objects that are too wide for your page, click here.

Edited 03/29/09 12:20 AM
Sunday, March 29, 2009 at 6:14 PM - Response #2

Quote:

Brad Advised---Do not, ever, never, ever never never attempt to format your page using your space bar.

GUILTY as charged.....I plead "Dumbness" Cool

Well.....after doing my assigned Homework.....I am now (hopefully) technically rehabilitated so I won't make those mistakes again.

Brad---Thank you so much for cleaning up my mess for me! Embarassed

By the way....my Hubby makes homemade Maple Syrup from our Box Elder tree sap....almost as good as the real thing...but it is an aquired taste. Laughing

Sunday, March 29, 2009 at 9:09 PM - Response #3

My Birthday is April 28th. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.