ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Unknown Person Requesting Access

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/13/12 03:07 PM Views: 1008 Replies: 1
Monday, August 13, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Within a couple of days after sending an e-mail to the class outlining the new "Notify Me" features, I received two "contact us" messages from strangers with strangely similar stories. Both said they had been in the army, wanted to reconnect with old friends, lived in our town and attended our school for only a short time and would like to be issued a password. Ours was a small class an no one I've contacted remembers either person. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Monday, August 13, 2012 at 3:46 PM - Response #1

Unfortunately, while we can't catch all spam attempts, we do catch many. This one is one that may have gotten through. One of the ways our system would identify this as spam would be to recognize that multiple attempts within the system to send a similar message such as this, to multiple class admins through the contact form. Eventually, after enough attempts, the message would be identified as spam and you would not receive the message any further. Sounds like these just happened to get through before they were identified as spam.

Sometimes, from time to time, these kinds of messages will make it through. Please delete them. If you find you are getting them day after day, please let us know and we can see what steps we can take to stop the messages.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.