ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Changing emails

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/22/16 10:50 PM Views: 1316 Replies: 11
Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 10:50 PM

Hi, this is the second time that I have had this problem. Classmate wants to change primary email and password and CANNOT log in. Because he said he forgot his password, I go in and change it and supplied him with a password to log in with so that he can login and change himself) I also asked him to click on forgot my password...thinking that that would get him in. He has tried every combination that I have suggested. I think I need to learn how to remedy this and why this happens...Thank you so much for your help. Bonita PS. I just notice that it says that I joined in 2013...not correct...joined in 08

Edited 03/22/16 10:54 PM
Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 11:43 PM - Response #1

One solution is to delete his profile, then recreate it by adding his name back in to the Classmate Profiles list. Then, the classmate will rejoin the site with whatever email and password he wants. I've done this successfully with a classmate who had not been on the site in a long time and whose email he had registered with was obsolete and who had forgotten his password. His profile had minimal information and no photos, so recreating it was easy.

Edited 03/23/16 12:34 AM
Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 11:10 AM - Response #2

Bonita - have the member provide to you the new email address. You can then go to Manage Classmates > Enter / Edit Classmates > Details next to his name and change the email address. Have the member try to log in using the new email address as the login ID along with his existing password. If he does not remember his password, he can now either do a forgot password and it will be sent to his new email account... or you can change his password in the same location as above and provide a new password for him.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 5:35 PM - Response #3

Scott Moore wrote:

One solution is to delete his profile, then recreate it by adding his name back in to the Classmate Profiles list. Then, the classmate will rejoin the site with whatever email and password he wants. I've done this successfully with a classmate who had not been on the site in a long time and whose email he had registered with was obsolete and who had forgotten his password. His profile had minimal information and no photos, so recreating it was easy.
Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

I would not do that as it will cause some posting to be Lost ONLY DO as Scott Mastenbrook has stated.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 8:30 PM - Response #4

Thanks, great ideas, SCOTTS! Ha, appreciate it. I'll give them both a go. Bonita

Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 12:48 AM - Response #5

Scott, How do I delete his profile? I deleted his email, but how about the whole thing?? Thanks.Bonita

Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 1:24 AM - Response #6

Admin Functions > Edit Site Pages > under Classmate Profiles click Manage Classmates > for selected classmate click DELETE (far right column).

Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 2:09 AM - Response #7

Good heavens! How can I have been so blind??? I haven't had to do much lately, so I felt a little lost. Thanks so much. I notified the classmate and hope that he can understand...just rejoin...Thanks, again Scott Bonita

Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 12:13 PM - Response #8

Scott Moore wrote:

Admin Functions > Edit Site Pages > under Classmate Profiles click Manage Classmates > for selected classmate click DELETE (far right column).

SCOTT I will disagree with you on this.

It will change several things Exclamation

The best way is to change the individual email address an Password This will leave the individual in the system.
BY Deleting the individual will put the individual in the missing classmate section. 1. you will lose all the information etc. It will show a new date as joining the site

Edited 03/24/16 12:17 PM
Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 2:11 PM - Response #9

The problem can be solved in several ways. Changing the classmate's email and/or password is one option and will work for most cases.

In my case, the classmate wished to have his profile deleted and recreated. His email was obsolete and he had forgotten his password. Having a new date for joining the site was immaterial to him. He was on the missing classmates list for just a few minutes until he rejoined. His old profile had no photos and minimal information, so it was easy for him to recreate his profile. In the end, we got him back up and running very quickly.

Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 7:22 PM - Response #10

Are you sure it was the same classmate Question

Friday, March 25, 2016 at 9:22 AM - Response #11

Yes, it was the same classmate. I was on the phone with him while I deleted him from the Classmate Profiles list and then added him back in. Shortly thereafter, he rejoined the site and updated his contact and profile information. The whole thing took just a few minutes.

If you can change the person's email and/or password, that is the preferred option, but deleting someone from the Classmate Profiles list and adding them back in also works.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.