ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Home Page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/16/12 02:49 PM Views: 1076 Replies: 7
Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Hi,
Just got new computer and when I log in the home page isn't there. Is there a program that I need to download in order to see it?

Thanks in advance,
Diane(Tokarz)Michiels

Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 3:13 PM - Response #1

Hi Diane,

It appears the computer gods have determined that you are wanting. I suggest you perform the ritual of explaining to me exactly what "when I log in the home page isn't there" means and I'll see if I can intervene on your behalf! Smile

Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 8:48 PM - Response #2

Hi,
I don't know whether it's the new computer but if you go to my home page you will see that you have to scroll more than half way down until you see the first picture which is a blinking dog. When I go to edit home page, everything is there is order but something is wrong now. If you can help me I would appreciate it very much as I have to place an announcement for the alumni. EmbarassedQuestion

Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 9:18 PM - Response #3

Diane,

I don't see the problem, but if you are still seeing the problem, this is how to diagnose and fix the problem. (I tried viewing in both Firefox and Internet Explorer and didn't see the problem.)

Background: The announcements all display as one block, so if one announcement is too wide, all of the announcements will be placed below the right-side modules.

1. Click POST ANNOUNCEMENTS
2. Click VIEW button next to the first active/visible announcement. The home page will redisplay with only that announcement displaying.
3. If the page looks OK, repeat steps 1-3 with the next visible announcement
4. If the page shows that announcement at the bottom of the page (below the right-side modules), that announcement needs to be fixed
5. Edit the problem announcement and change image widths. Repeat to see if the problem is now fixed.

Saturday, February 18, 2012 at 10:33 PM - Response #4

Hi Kyle,
I tried what you said and when I go back to the home page, the dog comes in for a second then disappears. If I scroll way down they are all there. Can you fix this for me? I'm computer illiterate sorry. I really appreciate your help as I need to pose an announcement.

Thanks,
Diane

Saturday, February 18, 2012 at 10:45 PM - Response #5

Diane,

I cannot fix the problem unless I can SEE the problem. If you do the following and let me know which announcement I need to work on, I can probably fix it.

Click POST ANNOUNCEMENT.
Deactivate the DOG announcement. Redisplay the home page. If the problem is fixed, the DOG announcement was the problem. Let me know.
If the home page still displayed bad, deactivate the NEXT announcement. View the home page. If it displayed fine, it was the SECOND announcement that was the problem. Let me know if it was the second announcement that is the problem.

That is about all the help I can do unless I know which announcement to work on.

Saturday, February 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM - Response #6

Yay, Thanks Kyle, I found one that was too wide. What I don't understand is that this page has been the same for a couple of weeks and all of a sudden the one picture was wrong. In any event, I'm so happy that it's resolved. What would I ever do without you? Thanks a millionSmile And also for your prompt reply.

DianeVery Happy

Saturday, February 18, 2012 at 11:37 PM - Response #7

Diane,

Glad you figured it out. Sorry I couldn't fix it for you.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.