ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

In Memory - for teachers

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/16/09 09:24 PM Views: 1345 Replies: 2
Saturday, May 16, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Is there a way on the in memory page to manually add a name. I would like to add in some of our teachers that have passed away without having to add them to the roster.

Saturday, May 16, 2009 at 10:25 PM - Response #1

We did a "teachers update" and list them as some that have passed and some that haven't. I have taken the password protection off if you want to take a look at it. I am missing a couple pictures but you can get the just of another way of putting it on your site.

Edited 05/16/09 10:27 PM
Saturday, May 16, 2009 at 10:28 PM - Response #2

Somebody has to be added to the site before they can be marked deceased, as you've obviously figured out. You have a couple options:

1) You could add the teacher to your site as a Guest Member, and put something like "(teacher)" after his or her name so Classmates can quickly figure out who the guest was. Then mark the Guest Member deceased to add to your In Memory page. That's what most people do, but it sounds like you don't want the deceased teacher's name in the Guest section at the bottom of your Classmate Profiles page.

2) Use one of your Customizable Links to create a page for the sole purpose of honoring deceased teachers.

Edited 05/16/09 10:29 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.