ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Phone app

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/18/10 12:54 PM Views: 1636 Replies: 7
Friday, June 18, 2010 at 12:54 PM

I've been asked, by a classmate, if there was an app (for her phone) to access the website?

Friday, June 18, 2010 at 1:03 PM - Response #1

While there is no specific app, you can view the website on most internet capable phones. However, some phones will not support Flash, which is heavily used on the site. They may not have access to all of the features of the site and may have a less than ideal user experience while on the site, due to this lack of flash capability.

Friday, June 18, 2010 at 1:21 PM - Response #2

Thank You, looks like she is messaging me from an Iphone.

Friday, June 18, 2010 at 8:25 PM - Response #3

Hello! Let me weigh in here. I have an iPod Touch and iPad and have been able to add my class site to my home screen by going through Safari on the iPad and then choosing the option under bookmarks of adding that site to my home screen. It makes it easier to get to the site. I don't imagine that the iPhone would be any different. I can't see some of the third party embeds but can see the message forum and most features of the site.

Tam

Sunday, June 20, 2010 at 2:14 PM - Response #4

I access the site with my Iphone all the time. There are some differences, but not a big deal to me. The home page content is pushed down after all the right side content. I don't try to edit site pages from the Iphone, but I did adjust the price of our reunion items and it worked fine. (Our price went up $5 10 days before the final deadline.) The remember me feature doesn't seem to capture the cookie info so i have to log on with user name and password every time, but you can stay connected for days if you want.

Edited 06/20/10 2:16 PM
Sunday, June 20, 2010 at 4:54 PM - Response #5

Many newer phones are coming out with Flash support now, such as the new HTC EVO. iPhone has no plans to support Flash. Other than Instant Messaging and some other embeds (Playslists, etc.) the site should work fine on an iPhone.

Sunday, June 20, 2010 at 5:54 PM - Response #6

You can somewhat see things normally on a blackberry too (well on my storm...not sure about other BB's). Although my site content begins after the right side content so it looks like a huge gap. My animation stuff works too although a little slower.

Monday, June 21, 2010 at 12:36 PM - Response #7

Brad Switzer wrote:

Many newer phones are coming out with Flash support now, such as the new HTC EVO. iPhone has no plans to support Flash. Other than Instant Messaging and some other embeds (Playslists, etc.) the site should work fine on an iPhone.

On my HTC Tilt our site works well. The only problem is the message about Instant Messages and needing flash always comes up when I first go into the site.

Is there a chance you can make it so that message does not come up on a phone without Flash?

Edited 06/21/10 12:38 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.