ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Message Center timing

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/22/14 11:26 AM Views: 751 Replies: 5
Wednesday, January 22, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Using the Message Center, how soon after a message is sent does it actually go out on the internet?

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 at 11:59 AM - Response #1

Earl,

Most of the time, it is instantly, but it also depends upon the email domain name you are sending the message to. Some email domains have rules like "if you send more than 50 emails in 10 minutes to my domain name, I will mark your server as a 'Spam' server and all future emails will be blocked". For this reason, your email will go onto our email queue and will be grouped with the same destination domain name to be delivered when it is save to be delivered to avoid classcreator.net being put on the "Spam" list.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 at 5:54 PM - Response #2

Thanks Kyle,
I was just wondering because I sent one message to a mac.com address and it never arrived within several minutes, so I sent another one at least 15 minutes later and it never arrived either,,,even after 6 hours.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 at 6:12 PM - Response #3

Earl, that can also depend on what that member set in their Notify Me options for "Receive a new personal mesage". If it's set to Once Daily, it will be the next day before they see it.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 at 6:21 PM - Response #4

Thanks John,
I found out that the option was set to Once Daily, so that answers my wonderment.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 at 8:17 PM - Response #5

I think I was confusing Message Center emails with Email the Class emails

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.