ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

LED Scrollers

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/29/08 10:23 PM Views: 1672 Replies: 13
Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 10:23 PM

Does anyone know where I can get an LED scroller that I can use for our homepage other than Myspace? Theirs does not seem to work. Please help. Need this ASAP!!!

Edited 10/29/08 10:24 PM
Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 10:32 PM - Response #1

Hi Kevin,

Here is the one I am using on my Home Page

http://www.myflashfetish.com/myspace-widgets.php

You can take a look at the one on my page to see if you like it.

There are two on this page. The one I used is closer to the bottom.

Good Luck,

Edited 11/06/08 8:16 PM
Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 7:25 AM - Response #2

Anita,
Thanks for the help. Your website looks great! We may be contacting you again to see how you got some of that stuff on there. I still have a problem with the LED scroller though. I have saved the text, copied the code(or so I thought) and pasted it into our website. The scroller always has the default message on it though. Never the one that I typed in. I have redone it several times and it still comes out the same. I do not understand what the problem is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 9:34 AM - Response #3

Hi Kevin,
Thanks for the compliment on my site. I would be happy to help you get anything I have on my site onto your site. Let me know what you want to know about.

If you tell me what you want on your LED scroller, I will see if I can get it to work on my site and you should be able to copy it from there. Once you have it working on your site, I will delete it from my page. I am not sure why it would not be working on yours.

Let me know if you would like to try this.

Edited 11/06/08 8:15 PM
Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 12:35 PM - Response #4

Hi,
I'm not sure if you've got the LED scroller all figured out but I wanted to let you know of a site that I've used in the past without problems (including their LED scroller). Here's the link to creating one http://www.crazyprofile.com/scroller/led-scroller-generator.asp
Good Luck!!
Julie

Saturday, November 1, 2008 at 1:17 AM - Response #5

Thanks for the website. I thought I had it working, actually it was for awhile but it reverted back to it's default setting..."scrolling led sign". No matter how many times I copy and paste, it still only shows "scrolling led sign " on the homepage, and not what I typed in. I have no clue what the problem is.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 at 10:36 AM - Response #6

Don't have an answer for you because I am having the exact same problem. I will think I have it figured out, and then it reverts to the default message again. AAARRRGGGGHHHH! I have just about thrown my laptop out the window in frustration!

Right now I am just giving up on it, but if anyone can figure out the problem, please post the solution because I would really like to have a scroller to announce birthdays.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 at 1:52 AM - Response #7

Are you modifying their code in any way, or possibly removing any kind of credit tag that they require be in there?

Thursday, November 6, 2008 at 11:23 AM - Response #8

I don't think so. The only thing that I occasionally do is place a hard return between their code and mine (for whatever I have next on the page). Would that mess it up?

Thursday, November 6, 2008 at 1:08 PM - Response #9

I am having the same problem...
I've kept the credits in. It seems that when I go to add anything to the page is when it defaults back to the original.

Thursday, November 6, 2008 at 5:01 PM - Response #10

Jessica Hill wrote:

I don't think so. The only thing that I occasionally do is place a hard return between their code and mine (for whatever I have next on the page). Would that mess it up?

No, that wouldn't have any impact on it at all.

Thursday, November 6, 2008 at 5:02 PM - Response #11

Kelly Trump wrote:

I am having the same problem...
I've kept the credits in. It seems that when I go to add anything to the page is when it defaults back to the original.

What exactly is defaulting back to the original?

Friday, November 7, 2008 at 7:52 AM - Response #12

Hello,

Defaulting- when you go to the site that has a led screen it is showing an advertisement running acrossed it. I add my stuff(which deletes the advertisment) and then add it to my site. It works fine with my stuff until I add something else to the site and then it deletes it and reverts back to the advertisement.

Hope that makes since! Smile

Thanks,
Kelly

Friday, November 7, 2008 at 4:59 PM - Response #13

Can you find another LED somewhere? Unfortunately I have no clue why their plugin is showing the ad. There are so many LED types of things out there, I'd simply try another one.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.