ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classcreator ticket refund policy

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/24/12 04:45 PM Views: 1162 Replies: 1
Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I see in another post that there is some information about refunds, both when you join and create an account. Is that YOUR refund policy on joining Classcreator, or do you have a policy on giving classmates refunds on our own website. I see you say we should write our own policy and put it on our registration page, but do Merchant Services policies apply anywhere? Our committee is having disagreements about refunding tickets since we have decided to postpone our event until next year. Some say to hold their money until the next event, others say we MUST refund legally. Any thoughts or guidelines?

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 5:17 PM - Response #1

CLASSCREATOR (the website company) has a 90-day satisfaction guarantee. If a website is paid for and up to 90 days the admin wants to cancel the website, we will refund the complete amount they paid for the website.

ClassCreator doesn't have a policy about your website's reunion funds. You can refund them now or choose some other way.

I would handle it like this: Send out an e-mail to those who have already paid saying they can get a refund now or they can "Lock In" their current tickets price. If the price goes up next year, they can still have their tickets at the price they purchased them at. If they get a refund now, they will have to pay the higher price (if it goes up). If the price goes down, you will refund the difference. Tell them that they can ask for a refund any time up until the deadline for the next reunion.

I think if you give them a choice, that fulfills the LEGAL responsibilities.

If they paid by credit card using ClassCreator's credit card processing system, when you refund their ticket purchases, it will also refund the fees you paid so that the classmate gets the entire amount back that they paid.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.