ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

thos who served

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/02/12 08:10 PM Views: 1679 Replies: 9
Monday, January 2, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I just signed on to TAP so I am not sure if I should post here or there but ...

Can I get my site to have a "Those who Served". Just like the one in TAP?

Monday, January 2, 2012 at 8:15 PM - Response #1

That is a custom page that Gwen created.

She says on that page " Information was obtained from individual Admin profiles.

Please send any additions/corrections to the site administrator using the Contact Us form.

To those outside of the United States, please feel free to use the Contact Us form to submit information if you served your country. We will do our best to include you!"

Monday, January 2, 2012 at 10:07 PM - Response #2

I'll email you, Ray.

Thanks, Kyle!

Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 7:05 PM - Response #3

So what is the answer to that question. I would like to do that too, most all of our boys served because we had the draft in 1962.

Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 7:08 PM - Response #4

Arlene Hunsinger wrote:

So what is the answer to that question. I would like to do that too, most all of our boys served because we had the draft in 1962.

In the TAP Forums on our chat site... TAP - The Adminstrator's Place, is a copy of the page without names, with graphics and a list of the songs/hymns included in the playlist (at playlist.com).

I prefer that you copy the graphics and add them to your sites. Please note the instructions I inserted in the page layout will need to be removed.

The bonus is... following the copy as noted here, I added the coding in my next post. Therefore, you can do this:

Go to TAP > Tap Forums > How did you... > Those who served.

The first entry is the copy. The second is the coding. Here is where you pay attention...

Go ahead and copy the graphics in the first entry. Save them to your computer and upload to your File Vault.

Then copy the coding in the next entry.

Paste the coding into the page you will use under SOURCE! Then click SOURCE to view what you have copied. Be sure not to leave the instructions I added on your pages!

Please note... there may be a day the page is changed and graphics deleted. IF you use the coding with the graphics linked to the TAP site, they may disappear without notice. It is best to delete and insert the graphics saved in your File Vault.

Here you go. It is done and ready for your use with little to do on your part.

Leave a message in the TAP Forums as to how it worked for you. Smile

Edited 01/05/12 8:04 PM
Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 9:15 PM - Response #5

Hope this helps, Ray and Arlene!

Friday, January 6, 2012 at 8:42 PM - Response #6

WOW, thank you. I did exactly what you said and created a dynamite link. Everyone loves it. Thank you so very much.

Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 12:25 AM - Response #7

Question to Kyle, Eric, Jack...to name a few I know will understand this:

Above, I shared info about the Those Who Served page on the TAP site. I have a copy of the page followed by the coding in the TAP Forums.

It occured to me today, that someone could have the same situation I experienced in when I copied Ava's Christmas page, it blew the right margin out. I'd like to make clear the "How To". I can remove all but the graphics from the text portion, yet look to you for your thoughts. Simply, I'd like to come up with the best/easiest way to share.

***EDIT*** My connection is very slow. Before I signed off, I went back to the page to check it and the right margin was blown out. All I can think is it has something to do with copying & pasting the text and graphics as they are on another page. As a test, I entered the coding of the page into the source in the forum editor. I checked the page twice and it is as it should be.

I need to log-off, so the complete page is there. Again, I warn those who wish to copy rather than download graphics or build their own playlist.... if you copy it as is, you need to keep checking your page because I will change it in the near future when I change the playlist and graphics on my class sites.

Thanks for reading through all this. One person's question is another's learning experience. I hope this helps at least one other admin. Smile

To those who I orignially addressed this long post... Your comments, suggestions and critiques are always welcome.

I have very limited access, so please feel free to address all.

Thanks!

Edited 01/07/12 2:23 AM
Monday, January 9, 2012 at 11:10 AM - Response #8

Gwen, I'm not seeing the problem you describe.

Is there another example page you can point me to?

Monday, January 9, 2012 at 3:32 PM - Response #9

Eric B Bassey wrote:

Gwen, I'm not seeing the problem you describe.

Is there another example page you can point me to?

Hi Eric,

I added an edit to my post that I went back and 'fixed' it. The problems appears to be gone. So sorry you spent time on this!

Gwen

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.