ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

2 Nametag issues

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/15/14 11:50 AM Views: 1231 Replies: 14
Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 11:50 AM

1 SOME of my nametags have a () around married name and some do not- how can I get them all to be the same

2 we do not have photos for some classmates, their name prints on the left vs right side. How to fix? am I going to have to insert a blank photo for each ??

3 also the Guests name are printing where the picture should print -

I guess I am just wanting name badges to look the same for all

Edited 07/15/14 3:22 PM
Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 4:30 PM - Response #1

1. Next to the setting for the Name Format - try the selection for First Maiden. The parenthesis were only around the Married Name. This would remove that. 2. The formatting for those that do not have an image by default moves to the blank space. The only way to adjust this would be to add an image for the person. 3. Since Guests do not have a profile in the system, we don't have photos and we don't have a way to add photos for these guests. Therefore the format defaults to what I explained with #2.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 5:38 PM - Response #2

Put a picture of your Schools mascot..that's what we did and it worked just fine!!!

Saturday, July 26, 2014 at 3:51 PM - Response #3

As I enter the nametag fray, here are my first three questions. First, the instructions tell me that nametags can be printed for the "guest" listed at a ticket sale; does that mean it would be redundant to type paid guest names into the attendee list using the "Add Other Attendee" button?

Second, how do we make nametags for our many "comp" ticketholders who have not been registered at all and are not members of our class website? Is that the purpose of the "Add Other Attendee" button for the attendee list? Or do I make their nametags manually on a blank?

Third, I was fooling around this morning and ran a nametag generation, then went back into my classmates profiles and changed some things about how we handle their names. Now when I re-run the nametag list, I still get nametags from the unmodified (no longer there) name list. I have logged out, and changed browser from Outlook to Firefox, started over, still get the old name list that no longer exits. I even sent it off to the PDF, got the old name list. How do I clear a nametag run in order to generate the new one?

Hello, anybody out there? I posted this query Saturday afternoon. It is now Monday evening.

Edited 07/28/14 9:59 PM
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at 1:38 PM - Response #4

Guest tags are generated without an image and are not seen in the preview at the bottom of the page. The guest tag will appear when you generate the PDF. For your "comped" members, you would still need to manually register them via the Reunion Planner > Attendees page... go to the bottom of the page where you see Add a Classmate or Guess Attendee from Class List button. Or use the Add Other Attendee button as that may apply here. They must be registered in order to have a tag. To clear and start over, you should need to go to Reunion Planner > Nametags and begin with new settings.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 at 12:23 PM - Response #5

I am still having problems with the third question. You write "To clear and start over, you should need to go to Reunion Planner > Nametags and begin with new settings." So I go to nametags and changed the name format, font for attendee name, layout choice, size of Avery label, and registrant inclusion button at the end of the choices [presuming this is what you mean by "begin with new settin

The new generated nametags continue to show the old classmate names that were in the attendee list two days ago! For instance, two days ago I had a "Randi Allred (classmate thru Junior yr) (Lindenau)" which I changed to "Randi Allred (Lindenau)" as you can see on the actual attendee list.

Yet my new nametag runs continue to show "Randi Allred (classmate thru Junior yr) (Lindenau)". Can you enter my site and try to make it work for you?

Edited 07/30/14 3:37 PM
Wednesday, July 30, 2014 at 4:38 PM - Response #6

If you go to Reunion Planner > Attendees and click on the name for Randi Allred , you will see the name field on that registration that reflects Randi Allred (classmate thru junior yr) (Lindenau). This is where you change how the name will be displayed for the nametag.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 at 4:49 PM - Response #7

OK, I see now. I had previously changed the name on the attendee list, but not in the little box that relates to the dinner "event"!

Monday, August 4, 2014 at 7:30 PM - Response #8

I have changed the name in the attendees boxes on the individual's registration page, and it appears correctly as I changed it when I look at the Print name tag page, BUT it is wrong on the PDF file that downloads.

Monday, August 4, 2014 at 8:41 PM - Response #9

Not sure that I have the answer, but I had a similar problem. Search for "Editing names on name tags" The answer that solved my problem was to go to the Attendees Page of the Reunion Planner and click on each name that I wante to edit. Change the information in the registration form field named Names Of People Attending Including Yourself:

Monday, August 4, 2014 at 11:06 PM - Response #10

I did change the names in that field, but they are still wrong. They are correct on the page prior to downloading to the PDF file, but then they are wrong when I download them.

Thursday, August 7, 2014 at 4:24 PM - Response #11

Now a new (for me) nametag issue. I bought Avery 74461 paper (your first of 4 standard choices) and run a page of 8 nametags on some scrap paper. I measure the printed tags against the actual 2.25" height of the nametag blanks on the avery sheets. It results in the top and bottom rows not perfectly fitting on the tags, in fact, touching the dotted lines. My answer is to reduce the size of the overall 8.5 x 11 image of the pdf to "98%" before generating the PDF. Is that a known problem, and is this the recommended solution?

Saturday, August 9, 2014 at 8:51 PM - Response #12

I am still hoping for an answer to my question in Response #11 above. I still have not made my real nametag print run, and cannot afford to have my tags come out wrong. Are 8-per-page nametag pdf's typically off scale on Avery 74461 blanks? Is the answer to shrink the PDF to 98%?

Saturday, August 9, 2014 at 9:33 PM - Response #13

Did you set the printing options in Adobe to Actual Size? Or is that what you meant by 98% in the same dialog (custom scale)?

If you are on a Mac might be related to font substitution differences.

If 98% works though, sounds like the way to go for now Very Happy

Saturday, August 9, 2014 at 10:28 PM - Response #14

In the Adobe PDF product, I used Custom size and changed it from 100% to 98%. Testing with scratch paper gives me the result that fit onto the Avery labels. Your answer seems to me to indicate that I have stumbled upon the normal way to overcome the problem I was having in making my nametags generate correctly. Thanks for answering. --RM

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.