ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Fly Out menu as part of CC 3

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/29/12 03:50 PM Views: 1217 Replies: 4
Sunday, July 29, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Brad, when is the Fly Out menu portion of cc 3.0 generally expected? It sounds great, but I don't know what to look for in the overall view of the website. Will this enhance the way classmates can review and see the website, or is this something used by Admins? I am expanding my Multiple Year website, and "Fly Out" sounds possibly intriguing in giving a classmate to select Fly Out of information specific to their own class. Does Fly Out do something in that scenario?

Monday, July 30, 2012 at 11:39 AM - Response #1

The design details of the fly-out menus are really about improving the use of space on the screen and the ease of access to different features of the site. The intention is to make it a part of the user experience for all users of the site, but we cannot provide any reliable delivery date estimate at this point.

Monday, July 30, 2012 at 12:51 PM - Response #2

Just out of curiosity, why is all of this taking so long?

Monday, July 30, 2012 at 1:58 PM - Response #3

Because we are a very small company with limited resources and our product development efforts are prioritized in a way which does not necessarily favor adding new features over other necessary tasks. Unfortunately, we are not able to make grand changes nearly as smoothly and easily as we'd like, nor nearly as quickly. Sad

Monday, July 30, 2012 at 5:05 PM - Response #4

Eric B Bassey wrote:

The design details of the fly-out menus are really about improving the use of space on the screen and the ease of access to different features of the site. The intention is to make it a part of the user experience for all users of the site, but we cannot provide any reliable delivery date estimate at this point.

Thanks Eric,
That is kind of exactly what I was hoping for.........improving use of space on the screen and ease of access. I am sure that will likely help me to 'group' some things on menus for each of my classes in Multi Year website.

BTW, I understand small group doing a big project. Exactly the boat I am in with my company. Good thing, it makes about 3 of us irreplaceable, so Job Security!!! Very Happy Bad thing, good work takes some time.

Edited 07/30/12 5:07 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.